HOD addiction ?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
anointedhsmom

Re: HOD addiction ?

Post by anointedhsmom » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:29 pm

I don't go to HSR hardly anymore :oops: I have to remember to go over and check there to see if there is anything I can contribute. I'm totally hooked too!

I am for a cruise but honestly I have already been on 2 cruises this year and I would rather try to have a HOD meeting at the beach somewhere. :D But I not turn down a cruise if I can afford it. We went to Mexico and the Bahamas on our 2 cruises. We got to see Mayan ruines in Mexico. It was totally cool. And extremely educational. We counted it as a school day :mrgreen:
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:41 pm

You know what's great about this addiction....we really don't need a twelve step plan to overcome it. We just indulge. This is as good as a doctor finally okaying chocolate as a medication for everything!!!

I know I check at least three times a day, even though we are on hiatus right now. LOL

As for a cruise....I'd love it! Even a conference. I am pretty low maintanence when it comes to fun. Or how about we have a big HODie family retreat at some big retreat center with swimming pools, hiking trails, hotels, area attractions...etc. And then we also plan a HODie Mamas-Only get away at some nice spa and resort...... (heaves a huge dreamy sigh)
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Oh and Mama4bugs- Count me in on an England trip!!!! I love other countries and the rich history.... *smacks down that little jealousy bug* Just think of the influence you could have over there to introduce homeschooling benefits to soooo many people. :-)
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,

ncmomof5

Post by ncmomof5 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:09 pm

This is so funny that someone started this thread today. Just last night I was sitting in bed, gushing to my husband about how much I love HOD. I told him how that I had always wished we had enough money to send the kids to Christian school, becuase I just didn't think I could ever enjoy homeschooling. Enter stage right - Heart of Dakota!

Now, I told him, I can't think of doing anything but homeschooling, because HOD is IT! A lot of the reason for that is all of you. I also told my husband that for the first time in 6 years of homeschooling, I am going to the Homeschool Conference in Winston-Salem, NC. I want to meet Carrie, buy books, and hopefully meet some fellow HODies from NC.

Also, I was thinking the other day, "Man, we ought to have a HOD conference or something." You can talk to other homeschoolers, but only HODies really understand. That's why I am on this board 2-3 times a day. I have never been a chat room, forum, message board person before, but you all are great. I hope we all do get to get together someday, but if not, isn't heaven going to be wonderful?!

In His love,

RuthAnn
2013 - 2014
15 yo dd -- MTMM
13 yo ds -- MTMM
12 yo ds -- finish PHFHG/CTC
9 yo ds -- finish BLHFHG/BHFHG
5.5 yo dd -- LHFHG

"Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Matthew 6:32

mamaof3peas

Post by mamaof3peas » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:15 pm

wow i guess we are all in the same boat here. i for one would love a mamas only getaway, but money is so tight right now dont know how id pull it off. maybe at income tax return time? does anyone know if hod conference will be close to me this yr? i live in IL.

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:17 am

mamaof3peas- where in IL do you live? I am in Shelbyville (40 minutes south of Decatur, 1 hour southeast of Springfield)
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,

mom2fiveboysnc

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 pm

I am going to the Homeschool Conference in Winston-Salem, NC. I want to meet Carrie, buy books, and hopefully meet some fellow HODies from NC.

Me too!! I didn't get to go last year (I just started hsing this August) and I so wanted to. I can't wait for this year's conference. Where in NC are you located? I am in Gaston County, just east of Charlotte>
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history

ncmomof5

Post by ncmomof5 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:28 pm

mom2fiveboysnc,

I live in Salisbury, which is north of Charlotte right off of 85. I am so glad to find another HODie in the area. I am sure there are others, but I just am not sure how to find them. You can email me offline at arbamford@windstream.net, if you want. Look forward to talking with you. (I have 3 boys :-)).

In His love,
RuthAnn
2013 - 2014
15 yo dd -- MTMM
13 yo ds -- MTMM
12 yo ds -- finish PHFHG/CTC
9 yo ds -- finish BLHFHG/BHFHG
5.5 yo dd -- LHFHG

"Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Matthew 6:32

mansmom

Post by mansmom » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:10 pm

mamaof3peas and Jessi

I'm in Illinois...sounds like 1 1/2 hours from you Jessi?? We are in Bloomington. I was hoping HOD would go somewhere reasonably close also!!??
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:27 pm

Another HODie addict confessing here - I check the HOD board almost every free moment I have! :lol: There are side effects too... eye pain from squinting, fingertips sore from clicking, stomach pains from laughing, wrinkles around my eyes from smiling - a happy, addicting habit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:47 pm

Hi my name is Kelly and I am a HOD-addict.

I have even gone so far as to put HOD as a shortcut icon on my desktop. :oops: I may not have much time to post these days, but I read daily (multiple times throughout the day).
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

j_croche

Post by j_croche » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:19 pm

I read daily as well. I am new to HOD and I love the support and the wealth of info. available on this board. 8)
Jenni, Mom to a handful of blessings
Ds19 College
Ds18 Highschool Grad
DD15 Homeschool
Ds12 Homeschool
Ds09 Homeschool

gracelikerain

Post by gracelikerain » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:19 pm

LOL!! :lol: I have the HOD boards set as my homepage on my laptop!!
This is serious!! :shock: :lol:
Georgette~
Isaiah 54:13
Blessed with 5 awesome gifts from God!
Trail Blazing 4 HIM!
dd-12-CTC
dd-9-Preparing
ds-6-LHFHG
dd-3-tagging along & keeping life real fun!
ds-5 months

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:40 pm

I have the HOD board as a quick button on my Firefox favorites toolbar and it's the first one on the bar. I just have to click and here I am. :shock: :twisted:
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:30 am

j_croche wrote:I read daily as well. I am new to HOD and I love the support and the wealth of info. available on this board. 8)
Hi Jennifer! I noticed we are both doing about the same thing here - PHFHG w/DITHOR and LHFHG. Although I'm jealous you are getting to do the extensions for PHFHG. They're too mature for my ds, but they look awesome! I'll be doing LHTH too, but not for awhile yet. My littlest honey is 19 mos. Anyway, I'm glad to meet another HODie addict!

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie