OT - Funny story about my little guy

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Samuel'sMommy

OT - Funny story about my little guy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

For those of you that don't know, our son Samuel is adopted. It's something he's always known and he has a picture in his room of me, DH, and his birthmom (Miss Andrea) with him at the hospital. We send pictures and updates to here but he's never met her. Lately for some reason we've been talking about babies alot and he's been asking some questions. We've told him that mommy's tummy was broken and so he grew in Miss Andrea's tummy and then came to live with us. So for the past few weeks, at random times he'll bring up random things about my tummy or Miss Andrea, etc. Today we were all in the car and out of the blue Samuel says, "Mommy I wasn't borned from your tummy, I was in Miss Andrea's tummy right?" I said yes and he was quiet for a few minutes. Then he says, "Who put me in Miss Andrea's tummy?" I told him God put him there and DH (who loves to joke) started teasing Samuel and saying, "Maybe MIss Andrea ate you and that's how you got in her belly" I'm immediately telling him that was a really bad idea and tell Samuel that daddy's just teasing and that we prayed for a baby for a long time and so God put him in Miss Andrea's belly until he was ready to come to us. A few more minutes of quiet and then Samuel says, "Did you pray like this? Dear God, please don't let Miss Andrea eat Samuel so he can be borned." DH and I were cracking up! Samuel couldn't figure out what we were laughing at but it was enough to get him to change the subject. The things this boy comes up with!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

mamas4bugs

Re: OT - Funny story about my little guy

Post by mamas4bugs » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:58 pm

Oh, that is precious! I love the things they come up with at that age. :) I foresee similar conversations in my future. Our youngest came to us by the miracle of adoption. My husband is also a joker and will likely say something similar. Silly men. :P

mansmom

Post by mansmom » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:06 pm

That's so sweet...you just never know what to expect out of those adorable mouths....
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:30 pm

I love pre-Ker's one liners....that one just cracked me up!! And you can tell he was deeply thinking about the whole concept too. lol
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site