ACK!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mamas4bugs

ACK!!

Post by mamas4bugs » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:40 am

Oh my stars!! Whose bright idea was it to homeschool 3 children on 3 different levels with a TODDLER in the house?!?! What exactly was I thinking? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk............

OK, I feel better now. You may now return to your regularly scheduled homeschool day. :D

Mom2Monkeys

Re: ACK!!

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:13 am

So THIS is what I get to look forward to! ? LOL
I know it must be tough but its great to see you keeping a wonderful sense of humor though it all. That's good for you and good for the kids to see. I can't imagine what your day must be like! I wish I had more encouragement. May the force be with you! LOL

And now, back to my regularly scheduled homeschool day. :wink:
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

mansmom

Post by mansmom » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Oh I can SO relate...I have at times this weeks had a 15 month old "circling" the table yelling "ball ball...ball ball...ball ball" while we look at the globe for history....are we really learning when I have to raise my voice OVER him??? It's insane some days...and then he takes a nap....aaaaahhhhhhh :wink:
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:32 pm

:D Hah! "May the force be with you" is what I generally say to people when I leave my children with them. :D

And boy, mansmom, can I relate. I was reading history so loudly today that I bet the neighbors knew all about Abraham's travels by the time we were done because my 20 month old has decided to GIVE UP naps. Again I say Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk!!! So she was sitting on my hip screaming at me because I wouldn't let her pull my ponytail out of my hair while I tried to read Grandpa's Box to the boys. Sheesh. We won't even talk about the crayon incident...... :P

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:05 pm

mamas4bugs wrote:Oh my stars!! Whose bright idea was it to homeschool 3 children on 3 different levels with a TODDLER in the house?!?! What exactly was I thinking? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk............

OK, I feel better now. You may now return to your regularly scheduled homeschool day. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're a HOOT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YOU CAN DO IT!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:46 pm

Ooh, this was my laugh for the day, and I needed one! My two year old's favorite word is "No" right now, and you can hear it echoing through the house even when no one is touching him! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:01 pm

LOL!! You are too funny! :D :D
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:04 pm

Hey, at least you don't get bored! :lol: :roll: :lol:

My 2 yo gave himself a black eye yesterday...and that was while I was paying attention to him! We also had a crayon incident...and a chapstick incident... But hey, that's better than scissors. :wink: (My dd was a pro with those.)

Keep at it, mom! And I'd say you're on the verge of easier days. My youngest (now 29 months) gives us SO many more quiet moments through the day than last year! Not long periods of time...but we can easily accomplish what we need to daily! Not without messes, "character training opportunities" :wink: , or mild disasters mixed in though.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:17 am

Ha - too funny! :lol: I think you just described what goes on in half of our homes right now! My 18 mo is the terror of the house. He has a shriek like a taradactyl (really!). He also shakes his head "no,no" at me a good portion of the day, puts his food in his hair, and holds his breath til he turns purple with fists clenched when he's mad. We love him though, and he provides a LOT of laughs around here! Life sure would be dull without him.
Thanks for the laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie