How do you get ready?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
water2wine

Re: How do you get ready?

Post by water2wine » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:14 pm

I like the open wire basket type for books we are reading in the program and closed plastic ones for supplies. I got them all at Walmart. If I posted pictures it would look like my house. My dining room has R&S Bible timeline on it but the rest of it looks like real furniture. I have only one open book shelf that I am about to finish to match the rest of my furniture. That was our dining room. But now it just looks sort of like a study. It takes people a second to realize it is our school room. I do not have it all school room looking. But we do have craft room now and I am loving that! But that is my room and theirs. I don't know how to post pictures. But you get the idea anyway. I'm a bad mommy. :roll: I like my house to look nice :lol: In my last house I had a room that really looked like a school room. It was separate from the house. I like having it this way because while they work I can cook or do whatever I need to and still be there for them if they need help.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Samuel'sMommy

Re: How do you get ready?

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:34 pm

I have just started my homeschool journey, but DH and I decided that we didn't want our house to look like a school room all the time. I want people to come over and not be overwhelmed with school stuff. I'm hoping if I start out organized, it will continue. I love the idea of using the baskets for current books. We have a pretty basket in our living room that holds all our library books. DS loves it because he can flip through them and pick out the one he wants. I like it because I can actually find the library books when it's time to return them. :D
I also got this cabinet from Walmart http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=9606721 to store our books and supplies. It holds quite a bit and blends in with the rest of the decor in our living room/dining room area. I'm actually thinking about getting 1 more so I will have room to expand.
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!