Question about US1 Maps

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jer2911mom

Question about US1 Maps

Post by jer2911mom » Tue Jul 16, 2024 4:54 pm

For US1, it tells us to copy only the maps but not the questions that go with them, but the guide says to answer the questions. Are these questions intended to be answered in the map book itself, on a copy of that page, or orally?

Thanks,
Kathy
Completed HOD: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, Res to Ref, DITHOR

christianmom

Re: Question about US1 Maps

Post by christianmom » Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:38 pm

The questions are primarily directions of various things to put onto each map. The questions could be answered directly into the book or onto a copy of the question page. It wouldn’t work to do them orally since they tell them what to put onto the maps.

I ended up not copying the maps since the book is consumable.

I took the book apart so the maps would lie flat. Each map has a page of questions with it. My son wrote directly onto the question and map pages that I removed from the book. Then I stored them in his binder.

One thing you could do instead is copy the maps so they lie flat and then write directly into the book for the questions. Or, you could copy both the maps and questions and then write directly onto the copies. Or, you could write directly onto the maps and questions in the book.

I hope that helps!

jer2911mom

Re: Question about US1 Maps

Post by jer2911mom » Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:57 pm

Thanks for your thoughts, Christianmom, and for letting me know how you handled it!

Kathy
Completed HOD: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, Res to Ref, DITHOR