Visual History Set & Other Guide Samples

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jaimejac

Visual History Set & Other Guide Samples

Post by Jaimejac » Tue May 30, 2023 2:14 pm

Will there be samples of the updated guides with the new products scheduled soon? I would like to see how the Visual History Set will be scheduled in the updated Beyond Guide. I'm particularly curious how the Leif Erickson book will be included. I know how he and the Vikings relate to early American History, but Pioneers and Patriots starts with the settlers from Spain and I don't remember the Vikings being covered in the Beyond guide.

Blessings,
Jaime
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

Mgs

Re: Visual History Set & Other Guide Samples

Post by Mgs » Tue May 30, 2023 8:01 pm

Looks like the music box is replaced with the history read alouds 4 days per week and music is 1 day a week. I’m guessing it just goes in chronological order. Beyond geography on day 1 talks about explorers Columbus and Magellan. Day 2 science is on oceans. Day 3 science is on whale blubber. Day 4 activity is a timeline with Columbus. The Leif Ericsson book is a good choice to discuss the earliest known explorer to America. So far penciling in the read alouds looks pretty easy to do. There doesn’t look like there’s much room for discussion questions or anything like that.

Rice

Post by Rice » Tue May 30, 2023 8:45 pm

Mgs wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:01 pm
Looks like the music box is replaced with the history read alouds 4 days per week and music is 1 day a week.
Where did you see this? Is the First Week download on the website now the one from the 2023 guide?
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

Mgs

Post by Mgs » Tue May 30, 2023 9:01 pm

It’s on the website- if you are shopping for the packages it shows you where on the guide it is and it tells you how often. Visual History says 4 days and is highlighted on the music box. Music is highlighted in the same spot and says 1 day a week. https://heartofdakota.com/package/beyon ... story-set/

Rice

Post by Rice » Tue May 30, 2023 10:07 pm

Mgs wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:01 pm
It’s on the website- if you are shopping for the packages it shows you where on the guide it is and it tells you how often. Visual History says 4 days and is highlighted on the music box. Music is highlighted in the same spot and says 1 day a week. https://heartofdakota.com/package/beyon ... story-set/
Thank you. My youngest is going into LHFHG, so I haven't taken the time to look around, but want to know what's coming and how to point others to the info to succeed with HOD. I appreciate your help.
Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

Jaimejac

Post by Jaimejac » Wed May 31, 2023 5:53 am

Mgs wrote:
Ahhh, thanks! I didn't think to look there!
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

daybreaking

Post by daybreaking » Wed May 31, 2023 11:28 am

Rice wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:07 pm
Mgs wrote:
Thank you. My youngest is going into LHFHG, so I haven't taken the time to look around, but want to know what's coming and how to point others to the info to succeed with HOD. I appreciate your help.
Blessings,
I see where the Visual History says 4 days a week, but I can't find anywhere that says music is now only 1 day a week. Do you have a link to that page? TIA

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16

Jaimejac

Post by Jaimejac » Wed May 31, 2023 11:53 am

I see where the Visual History says 4 days a week, but I can't find anywhere that says music is now only 1 day a week. Do you have a link to that page? TIA
[/quote]

It's here:
https://heartofdakota.com/package/beyon ... c-package/

Scroll down to where it shows how the boxes are used in the 2-page spread.
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

Mgs

Post by Mgs » Wed May 31, 2023 5:39 pm

https://heartofdakota.com/package/beyon ... c-package/
I thought I read it somewhere. The music box is highlighted and says 1 day per week. It could be something else in that box and music is squeezed into the daily Bible box. Either way, it would be simple to just listen to the songs daily whether it’s scheduled or not. I plan on keeping my guide and penciling in the books.