Time it takes to do HOD help please........

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Missy OH

Time it takes to do HOD help please........

Post by Missy OH » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:39 pm

Can you give me an estimation of how long each subject is suppose to take in LHFHG and Preparing, please. I have a lot of kids to coordinate, one computer, one mom, and they share books. I'm hoping I've left enough time.

Thank you!

Blessings,
Missy

netpea

Post by netpea » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:28 pm

Carrie is probably the only one who can answer this about preparing.

Little Hearts takes only 90 minutes a day and you can have your older kids take turns working with your dd on a subject while you work with someone else if you need to. They would probably enjoy being the teacher.

:D

amysconfections

Post by amysconfections » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Sometimes we finished LHFHG in 45 min. The reading lesson seems to take less time than other reading programs though. Sometimes it did take the full 90 min. I would say I spent an hour or less most days though. I haven't done preparing so I can't say on it.
Amy
T-18 Masters degree Cyber Security WGU
T-16 Bachelors in Cyber Security WGU
A-12 Res to Ref
A-10 Res to Ref
Heart of Dakota user since 2007.

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:44 am

I have found in LHFHG, that it takes us about 90 min. just like it said it would in the brochure. But we've only done 3 days so I am definately not an expert. :wink:
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:05 am

We take an hour or so to do Little Hearts. Some days it takes longer so closer to the 90 minutes. But generally we do it in a little over an hour.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:27 pm

Missy,

LHFHG takes 90 minutes a day. It usually takes us about 30 minutes to do the left side of the plans in LHFHG. Then, each box on the right side takes about 15 minutes or less. :wink:

Preparing takes 4 hours a day (including time spent on math and DITHR). 1/3 of the time in Preparing is teacher-directed, 1/3 is semi-independent, and 1/3 is independent. :D If you have an older student using Preparing, even more of the time will be independent (as long as that child can read and follow directions on their own quite well). :D

Hope that helps!

Blessings,
Carrie