Minor problem with RtR unit 3 day 3

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Little Women

Minor problem with RtR unit 3 day 3

Post by Little Women » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:11 pm

I'm guessing this is just an oversight, perhaps from moving the books around a bit over time, but I wanted to let HOD know that Unit 3 Day 3 of RtR asks for a resource that isn't part of the books for the course It's in the Timeline section, and it says to draw a specific shield, which is found in Famous Men of Rome. Looking around on the site, this book seems to be an extension book for CTC, but it isn't in RtR at all. It's probably not a big deal for most people to just say, "let's find a different Roman shield to draw," but it might be something to change if there is a new edition later.

We are enjoying the course so far.
Long-time homeschooler, short-time HOD user.
Mom to
K21: college senior
L19: college sophomore
C15: high school sophomore
J12: 7th grade

farmfamily

Re: Minor problem with RtR unit 3 day 3

Post by farmfamily » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:57 pm

I think it is a misprint for Famous Men of the Middle Ages. There is a shield on p. 14 of that book. My daughter drew that shield and never noticed the misprint, I think.
blessed to be married 17 yrs to my hardworking farmer dh, mom to:
daughter 13 MTMM
daughter 11 Rev to Rev
son 10 CTC

Enjoyed Little Hands, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, Res to Ref, and Rev to Rev!!

my3sons

Re: Minor problem with RtR unit 3 day 3

Post by my3sons » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Thank you - we do have this noted for the next reprinting. I hope you are having a wonderful year with RTR! We enjoyed it so much last year with our ds, Riley. I hope you make as many happy memories as we did! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie