The Meaning Behind the Name

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
hilarygore

The Meaning Behind the Name

Post by hilarygore » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:01 am

Hello all...I am thrilled to begin Heart of Dakota next week with my 2nd grade boy with Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. I prayed over a Charlotte Mason based approach, unit study program that would be simple for me to use and that my child would be enthusiastic about and I truly believe that this curriculum is just what my family needs. As I reviewed and researched the program, I never found anywhere that mentions where "Heart of Dakota" got its name. "What does it mean?"...many people have asked me and I tell them that I do not know yet, but will find out! Looking forward to becoming part of the Heart of Dakota family.

Mumkins

Re: The Meaning Behind the Name

Post by Mumkins » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:20 am

Carrie and her family live in South Dakota. I assume it comes from that.
7 awesome kids!

3 graduated
4 at home this fall
DD6 Beyond
DS10 Preparing
DS13 MTMM
DS16 online high school

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:43 am

Here is Carrie's explanation. Scroll down a bit.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=695&p=5142&hilit=me ... kota#p5142
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

mjlamarche

Post by mjlamarche » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:33 am

I am new to HOD too and plan to start with it this fall with my kids - I asked this same question about why it is called Heart of Dakota. :D Love how the curriculum has a focus to reach children's hearts - the most important thing!

hilarygore

Post by hilarygore » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Thank you Ladies for your quick response. And yes, that is right, they live in South Dakota and they wanted to encourage children's hearts toward the Lord. Very neat. :)