Placement help 4th grader 9 1/2 yr.old

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
renee

Re: Placement help 4th grader 9 1/2 yr.old

Post by renee » Sat May 16, 2015 9:41 am

Thank you to all that responded. I am so grateful for all of the help with placement! I have never seen this much encouragement/helpful advice on any other board I have ever visited. A lot of good stuff shared here! Thank you all so much. I do enjoy hearing all the different experiences with placement. It really does help when you feel overwhelmed.

Blessings,

Renee

twolittlebears

Post by twolittlebears » Sat May 16, 2015 12:51 pm

You've had some awesome responses! It has helped me too, just confirmation that I made the right choice for my little guy. I love that we have so many choices, and can make them fit each child. What are you leaning towards now? You may have mentioned it earlier, are you starting him now in whichever guide you choose, or waiting until the fall. That's something I've been on the fence about myself. I'd love to know your thoughts about all your decisions!
Ashleigh :D
Married to my best friend 18 years
DS 10yo CTC (finished: MFWK, SL Core A, LHFHG, Delectable Ed, PHFHG)
DS 13yo CTC w/extensions (finished: WP Animal Worlds, MFW1, SL Core B, BLHFHG, BHFHG, Delectable Ed, PHFHG)

renee

Post by renee » Sat May 16, 2015 1:28 pm

I am still leaning towards Bigger. I probably could start Preparing half speed in July and see how the first month goes. If it seems to be way too much, I could just drop it and start Bigger in August. The Bigger teacher manual will be here any day now, and I have Preparing TM. Just not sure how I feel about starting something and then dropping it to start something else.

Trying to pinpoint what gives me that "tight in the chest feeling" about Preparing. It drives me crazy that I cannot just look at the manual and make a decision. I need to "experience" it. I wish I could do a trial run now, but my kids are in the burned out, ready for summer mode! I don't know if I even have the energy to do that. LOL!

I feel peace when I think about doing Bigger. But, I will stay open to where the Lord leads me.

I am exhausted around this time of year, and I always feel I should never make final decisions until I have had a few weeks off for summer. I usually feel up for the challenge of the new school year after a break. My mind feels fuzzy! LOL

i will update if any decision is made, but Bigger is where I believe God is leading me. I just want to choose God's best for my little guy!

Renee

Jennymommy

Post by Jennymommy » Sat May 16, 2015 1:47 pm

Peace is good, Renee :D I have been looking at options for a possible new family member, and while some look good, only one is giving me peace, so I know I have to trust God to work it out 8)

renee

Post by renee » Sat May 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Thank you Jennymommy. :)