Hi everybody!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
blessedmomof4

Hi everybody!

Post by blessedmomof4 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Sorry to be gone so long-there have been some difficult changes in my life, requiring that I go to work outside the home. But I did not want to abandon homeschooling my 2 youngest. I wanted to say, Heart of Dakota makes it so easy to teach that my older kids are helping mama by teaching the two youngers while I'm at work. Also, God is very good, because through another homeschooling friend, I was able to line up a babysitter for the fall (my teens will attend a specialized public high school) who is a Christian, and who has homeschooled many children she has babysat in the past! She will have no problem following HOD, either. I'll only need her 4 days a week, as I have one weekday off every week. And the job I got offers partial reimbursement for childcare costs. It is not what I imagined would be happening this school year, but I believe it will work. Hopefully, in 6 months to a year things will have changed to the point where I can be the one doing most of the teaching again.
Thank, Carrie and Mike for all you do-I think if I didn't have Heart of Dakota, I would have been forced to use the local public school for my little ones, and I truly did not want that. I really believe God is working all things together for good, and you are part of that.
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:52 pm

I had been wondering about you! Very nice to have your smiling face on here again!

This is really uncanny that you posted this. I am going through some difficulties as well, and facing the "going back to work, kids in school" dilema. :( I just haven't been able to post.....I am just so disheartened by it.

You are fortunate with your situation that your youngers will still be homeschooling. I am having a hard time finding any solutions except school for mine. My situation, like yours will probably be temporary...a few years....and we will be homeschooling again. Right now, I'm just trying to see how far I can get before August.

We'll just have to pray for each other through this! And if you think of any ways I can keep mine home, throw them out there!
Mel (with no smiley over this one)
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:12 pm

Lourdes,

I'm so glad that God has worked out a plan for you. :D (I guess He wasn't surprised by this, huh? :wink: ) We've missed you!

Mel,

I'll be praying for you and your family! That would be so hard...especially when you've got such a good thing going. :? If my Grandma were still living, she'd help you out I'm sure of it. :wink: Can you teach their class at school? And use HOD? :D Ok...that probably would be too good to be true. I'll just have to keep praying!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:43 pm

Lourdes,

I am so glad to see your smiling face again! I have been praying for you, and my sister and have often wondered what was going on with you! :wink:

I know this isn't what you planned right now, but I am so glad that God is helping you work through the needs in your family. Life isn't always pretty, but we do the best we can with the resources we have at the time. :wink:

I know God will faithfully walk by you during this season of your life. That makes each day more bearable than the last! :D

I will continue to uphold you in prayer and am so glad that you shared! We've missed you!

P.S. Melanie, I will uphold you in prayer as well. I used to think that I would like to know what the future would hold, but I have since realized that I would live my life in fear if I knew what was ahead. I have come to some deep valleys where I have had to trust the Lord to carry me to the other side. I know He'll do the same for you! Waiting on the Lord is the hardest part, when you feel unable to change the course you are on. But, in the waiting, comes fervant prayer, and an acceptance of knowing the Lord is directing your life.

Blessings,
Carrie

Tiffini

Post by Tiffini » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:27 am

Lourdes and Melanie, you have both been on my mind quite a bit. I am praying for you. Thanks for sharing your lives and your struggles.
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:55 am

I'm in tears from reading your replies! You know, I truly believe that God places people in our lives sometimes at just the right time we need them. I have been struggling with how to post my problem, and then Lourdes solves it for me and shows me that I am not alone in my situation.

Lourdes, you may not know it, but you are very encouraging to me right now. God truly does provide a blessing through someone when they are following Him. Thank you!

Kathleen - too funny! I needed a laugh. We do have a very, very small shcool (like 15 to a grade). HOD in public schools would be too good to be true. (God in ps would be too good to be true.)

Carrie - what wise words and so true! I never dreamed this would happen to us....I can't even find my teaching cert. and i know it's expired.

Tiffini - you are so very sweet. Prayers are the greatest gift one can give.

We will cont. doing HOD through August, and just keep praying and waiting.
Melanie
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Melanie, I wish you could find someone who is homeschool friendly to teach your kids while you work. I wish I lived closer. I watch kids for a living...so I'd love to help you. Distance is the pits sometimes. :( I'll pray for your and Lourdes.

God bless.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:36 pm

It's great to see you back! :D My heart goes out to you. I have juggled working with homeschooling and I know how hard that can be. But it does help to see that it is a season. God showed me a lot through it. It really changed my heart on some things that I needed to have changed. So in a way I am grateful for it. Praying for you that you are blessed through it as well and that your finances are restored quicker than you think. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:46 pm

Oh Lourdes,

I am so glad to see your smiling face. It's not the same without you. I'm sorry that you've had to go to work, but I know Lamentations 3:37 says, "Can anything happen without the Lords permission?" This is not a surprise to Him and it sounds like you are handling it with beauty and Grace! I love how God met your needs through your friend, HOD and even the school! Praise Him from whom ALL blessings flow!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:34 pm

*insert drama queen icon here* I work outside the home, and it's not THAT bad...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just trying to make you guys smile!!! Mary already said it so well (As is her way! :wink:) but God's already in the know about the difficulties you face. ((Lourdes and Mel)))I have a plaque on my wall that says, "Don't worry about tomorrow-God is already there!" Something I personally need to be reminded of daily.
I'll be praying for you guys. Remember its just for a season-and to everything there is a season. :wink:
(turn, turn, turn...:lol: did you know I used to think that "turn" was actually in ecclesiastes?? :lol:)
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

netpea

Post by netpea » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Only God knows the plans He has for both your families Lourdes and Mel. I pray you find His peace in the decisions you must make.

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:50 am

Melanie wrote: This is really uncanny that you posted this. I am going through some difficulties as well, and facing the "going back to work, kids in school" dilema. :( I just haven't been able to post.....I am just so disheartened by it.

I am having a hard time finding any solutions except school for mine. My situation, like yours will probably be temporary...a few years....and we will be homeschooling again. Right now, I'm just trying to see how far I can get before August.

Oh Mel,

I don't know how I missed this?! I am so sorry my friend. I am praying Psalm 34:17-18 for you...,

17 "The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help.
He rescues them from all their troubles.
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
he rescues those whose spirits are crushed."

I pray that He would either clear the path and show you a way to stay home OR that He would flood you with His perfect plan that working outside the home is part of your journey. I always try to remember that I make my decisions based on yesterday or even what I see today, but God makes His decisions on my tomorrows.

I know that I would struggle with this and that I would need my sisters to lift me up in prayer and so I will be doing that for both you and Lourdes.

"Do not be afraid Melanie and Lourdes, for you are DEEPLY loved by God. Be at peace, take heart and be STRONG!" Daniel 10:19a

Last week I blogged a very painful situation I went through, and how Isaiah 43 brought such wonderful comfort to my heart. I will share this with the two of you the verse a friend gave me that ministered to me in such a personal way.

Isaiah 43

But now, sweet Melanie and Lourdes, listen to the Lord who created you.
The one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
2 When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
3 For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom;
I gave Ethiopia[a] and Seba in your place.
4 Others were given in exchange for you.
I traded their lives for yours
because you are precious to me.
You are honored, and I love you.

5 “Do not be afraid, for I am with you.

Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/