place value, adding with carrying, singapore 1B

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
queenireneof3

Re: place value, adding with carrying, singapore 1B

Post by queenireneof3 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Thank you for the reasurrance that we will make it even when we get stuck sometimes! That is what I need to remind myself. Julie, I will remember your example of how many times you model the hands on activities and have the child do it before moving to the textbook. I think we usually do way less than you do, so that probably doesn't help. I will also tuck the Popsicle sticks idea under my belt for future! That will be great when we hit 100s! Thank you all for your input!
Sara Irene
wife to Brett for 16 years already!
mommy of ds B (13yo), dd S (11yo), ds S (7yo), dd (3 yo), dd (1.5yo), and two who went to meet Jesus 3/5/2014 and 7/23/14

queenireneof3

Post by queenireneof3 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:24 am

Just wanted to update you all on our math status. :D My oldest boy in 1b singapore is doing great again. The "royal fingers" helped him learn to carry over from ones to tens. We are using dimes and pennies now to solve all of his math problems. He can add them quickly, sometimes in under 5 seconds. I will remember to breathe and take breaks and keep pressing on in the future! Thank you!
Sara Irene
mommy of ds B (13yo), dd S (11yo), ds S (7yo), dd (3 yo), dd (1.5yo), and two who went to meet Jesus 3/5/2014 and 7/23/14

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:42 pm

queenireneof3 wrote:Just wanted to update you all on our math status. :D My oldest boy in 1b singapore is doing great again. The "royal fingers" helped him learn to carry over from ones to tens. We are using dimes and pennies now to solve all of his math problems. He can add them quickly, sometimes in under 5 seconds. I will remember to breathe and take breaks and keep pressing on in the future! Thank you!
:D :D :D I am praising the Lord with you today! This is good news, and I just want to say "Good job, Mom!!!!" I'd like to say it again actually..."Good job, Mom!!!" You have a God-ordained job to do, and you are doing it beautifully. :D Your ds is blessed to have such a caring, dedicated, loving teacher. No one could do it better than you. Never forget that.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

queenireneof3

Post by queenireneof3 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:00 am

Thank you, Julie and everyone! Couldn't have done it without your help and advice! Thank you, Lord, for helping me persevere! (c: Your last post, Julie, made me laugh out loud. Thank you!
Sara Irene