OT: Iowans, how was the NICHE conference?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Laura in CO

OT: Iowans, how was the NICHE conference?

Post by Laura in CO » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:11 pm

Is it OK to make an off-topic post?

I'm getting homesick hearing about the conference in Iowa. We moved to Colorado last fall, but all our family is in Iowa.

We lived in Ames, Des Moines, and Council Bluffs and have family in Harlan and Eagle Grove.

Carrie, it's nice to hear that you're originally from Iowa too! I'm hoping to see you at the CHEC conference in Denver next weekend.

:D Laura
Mom to four young ladies, ages 8, 6, 5, and 3

bookworm

Post by bookworm » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:31 pm

I'm a native Iowan who just moved back to Iowa from WA state this Feb. This was my first NICHE conference and I really enjoyed it. Other than the vendor halls being ridiculously HOT, the workshops were quite good.

It was very well attended-maybe over 2000 people?? I think I heard someone say that.

I really enjoyed the community feeling from the others attending.
Ann

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:24 pm

We had a WONDERFUL time at the Des Moines conference! It was very hot, but meeting all of the great moms there made it worth it. Carrie and I got to see Darci and Sheila too, as well as many other moms we LOVE! Although the time with our HODies is always too short - every time we see ladies like Darci and Sheila - we know how blessed we are to have such neat ladies like them on our board here. They're the real deal!!! :o :o :o Ann - how did we miss each other?!? :cry: :cry: :cry: Look us up next year, o.k.?

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

sheila

Post by sheila » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:39 pm

It was good to visit with both of you at the NICHE conference - thank you for all you do! Thank you for the encouragement for this upcoming year!
Sheila
Sheila

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:53 pm

Yes, I agree with Julie, it is wonderful to see "old HOD friends" at convention every year. Darci and Sheila (and many, many of the rest of you), we were thrilled to see you! :D

Even though the temperature had us dripping! :lol:

Blessings,
Carrie