Yet another reason I LOVE HOD!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
3sweeties

Yet another reason I LOVE HOD!!!

Post by 3sweeties » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:41 am

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share that I appreciate HOD even more over the past year than I ever have! We have been using HOD for 5 years now. I have had numerous, chronic health issues this past year and still have ongoing doctor appointments, tests, and continued uncertainty and yet in the midst of all of this I can still homeschool my children BECAUSE of HOD!!! I don't have to plan and worry about what to do next because it is all laid out for me. My kids have actually thrived and grown in their independence. We have missed very little school over the past year even with all that is going on. I am confident that my kids have learned and not gotten behind at all.

I just wanted Carrie and Julie to know that this momma SO appreciates all the time and effort that you pour into this curriculum and to those out there that wonder if you can do more than 2 programs at a time...I have been doing 3 programs, dealing with a chronic illness, and a 3 yo! NOT because I am anything great, but all because of God's Grace and Strength and the amazing way HOD is laid out and planned.

I would also appreciate prayers...it has been a long, hard year and most likely I am dealing with one or more autoimmune issues. I am VERY grateful it is nothing life-threatening, but I am also ready to live as "normal" as possible again. I am trusting and depending on God like I never have before...one day at a time.
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Yet another reason I LOVE HOD!!!

Post by Carrie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:16 am

Jessica,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your joy with HOD in the midst of the hardships you've suffered this year health-wise. We, too, have been thankful to be able to go forward with school even when life around us is difficult. Without the open-and-go nature of the HOD guides (and the built in journey toward independence), I know I would have had to downsize to doing much less school this year to get by. Yet, we have still able to continue being balanced in our school (doing all of the subjects in the guides) even though our life has been out of balance.

I am starting to realize that there will always be things that come up during each school year (some much bigger than others) so that a truly "normal" year is probably not coming! This makes it all the more important to have curriculum in place that works well in times of trial. For this very reason, I have been glad to have the HOD guides written for my 3 younger boys. I have also been so blessed by the Scripture woven all throughout the HOD guides each day, as I have needed God's Word poured out all throughout the day as much (or more) than my children this year! :D I am sorry to hear about your health struggles and pray The Lord will be with you as you proceed with finding help for your autoimmune disorder. I will uplift you in prayer today.

Blessings,
Carrie

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:42 am

Agreeing with you and praying for your health struggles.
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:34 pm

God really is wonderful, isn't he?!?!

Tonight I was just reading the Cabin Faces West to my kids and at the end of the book, the dad prays Psalm 23:

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Your post reminds me of so many lines in this Psalm. I have had other challenges in my life lately, nothing serious at all like yours, but more challenges of the heart and fully trusting God in some tough areas of my life. And all I can do now is look around and think - God is good! I shall not want! My cup runneth over.

Life isn't easy, but God takes care of my needs. This is my first year with HOD and I so glad we found this company. My husband has even said to me, "Daneale, we are never switching. The kids love it and everyone is so much happier." My husband isn't even a bold man and rarely gives an opinion on things unless asked. He actually abruptly busted out with this statement all on his own the other day. I feel like this year is really the first homeschool year I haven't been pining for any changes. I feel like I am relaxed, God is finally shining through all we do in school, I am not wanting, and my cup is overly full!

I pray God will restore you health and bring you back to living normally. God is a wonderful healer! I pray his blessings of healing will fall on you like rain.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Oh - I needed to hear this. And right now, too. God is so good, isn't He? While my timing seems to be perpetually off, His is always right. Thank you for your encouraging words, 3sweeties! :D I too have felt thankful to be able to continue homeschooling through difficulties thanks to HOD. I am praying for you and your health concerns with an autoimmune deficiency. May the Lord walk with you as closely as He as been and may He bless you with His healing hands.

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

3sweeties

Post by 3sweeties » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement!!! I go this Thursday for my first appointment with an endocrinologist (I have Hashimoto's Autoimmune Thyroiditis) and am continuing to pray for God's clarity and guidance.
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!