WOE IS ME!!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu May 29, 2008 10:00 pm

LOL Lazarus!! :lol:
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu May 29, 2008 10:03 pm

Tiny tears are forming here in my eyes as I read your Lazarus comment! Thanks for the comic relief!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu May 29, 2008 11:03 pm

Ladies,

It takes quite a bit to make me laugh outright, but this thread (while scaring me with the "It will make you want to cry" opener) has done just that.

It just gets funnier the more you keep on reading it! We have some infamous missing things at our house too. They do turn up in the strangest places. :D

Just order another one, Marty, on the website and give yours away when it turns up!

Blessings,
Carrie

Marty D

My dh just does not understand...

Post by Marty D » Fri May 30, 2008 1:12 am

...the seriousness of my situation. He actually thinks that I do not need a catalog because I can just look on the computer and see what I want to see. I assured him that the catalog was filled with priceless gems of wisdom that were not available on the internet. Can you believe he actually laughed at that...as if I was joking. (You would think that after almost 10 years of marriage he would know that I am very serious person who has no sense of humor! LOL )

Pray for me girls. Living with a man who does not see the importance of my catalog is really a heavy load to carry. :wink:
Martha

Mom to 3 boys --Nathanael 8, Daniel 5, and Karsten 2

tiffanieh

Post by tiffanieh » Fri May 30, 2008 4:58 am

you ladies are cracking me up!!! I ordered my catalog about three days ago and I'm still waiting here too....so I'll bust out the tissue box along with you marty until mine comes. Man the anticipation is overwhelming!!!

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Fri May 30, 2008 5:08 am

Martha, So sorry for your loss. :(

Thanks for a laugh this morning girls! :lol:
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri May 30, 2008 6:25 am

Marty D wrote:I feel the slightest bit of sarcasm in a few of your posts! :o I am also noticing that none of you have offered to send me your copy! Do you guys not know about the golden rule! LOL

It will turn up...and yes, it will be in the last place I look!

MamaMary, as always you have very wise words. I will do better next time!
Did I mention I got not one but TWO copies in the mail. He, He, He.... :twisted:
Jessi wrote: I seriously think my house eats anything of mine. My kids and hubby never lose a thing, but if I touch it....*Poof!* it is gone. So I commiserate with you. I hope it turns up!

:D
Our house doesn't discriminate, it eats everyone's stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Fri May 30, 2008 6:46 am

Ah so Netpea, your house is an "equal opportunity" devourer. Nice to know some houses are politically correct. :wink:

Martha, I am praying diligently for perseverance in handling your husband's insensitivity concerning your lost catalog. Oh the loads some must carry in this life.....
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Marty D

Post by Marty D » Fri May 30, 2008 10:41 am

Thank you for your kind words of comfort, Jessi. My dh had the audacity to say that his very expensive digital camera was more important than my catalog. He actually said that the catalog was just some paper stapled together! Unbelievable!!!

BTW, just a side note. My real life sister's name is Mary, so we really are Mary and Martha. However, my mother did not name either of my brother's Lazarus. (There names are Timothy and Paul.....go figure.) Maybe we should have named one of the dogs by that name. Or maybe the one cat we had. I am sure that he would have appreciated the name seeing as how he ended up getting in the dryer about two weeks after we had got him. I won't go into great detail, but after we found him we changed his name from Smokey to Fluffy! He definitely had some similarities to Lazarus, for we did not want to get him or his "grave" clothes (which were really my brother's clothes) out, for they did stinketh! (If you need to know why it stinketh, please refer to what a cat does after he gets thonked on the head a couple of times, and right before he dies)

Hope no one is getting ready to eat lunch when they read this!!!

Have a great day!

p.s. did i mention that i have the tendency to ramble? now do you believe me?
Martha

Mom to 3 boys --Nathanael 8, Daniel 5, and Karsten 2