This is REAL learning

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
mrskturner

This is REAL learning

Post by mrskturner » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:14 am

I decided to post this in this folder because it doesn't look like anything new has been posted in here for a while. And I know that when I was trying to select which curriculum to use this is the folder I was looking in. This is our first year using HOD and we love it! My ten year old daughter and seven year old son are both using Bigger Hearts for His Glory. They both have learning disabilities that made public school very difficult for them. My daughter has severe dyslexia and was not retaining anything she was learning at school. My son has mild dyslexia and adhd. He is very creative and the public school system was not allowing him to spend the time he wanted to be creative. And when he is bored he is hyper. We love HOD because it is so hands on and not just workbook pages. All kids learn and retain better when they are using their senses and their imaginations. But I wanted to point out how important this is for children with learning disabilities, extremely important. My kids are having a blast this year in school and thank me several times a week for being their teacher. We look forward to using all the HOD curriculum! I am just as excited about school as my kids are.
Kirsten
Aly - age 10 (dyslexia)- BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Jackson - age 7 (mild dyslexia and adhd) - BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Grayson - age 2 - LHTH

http://keyschristianacademy.blogspot.com/

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: This is REAL learning

Post by Carrie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Kirsten,

I'm so glad to hear that you and your children are enjoying using Bigger Hearts this year! :D I am thrilled to hear that it is working well for your kiddos and that they are loving their journey through it. :D

Thanks so much for taking time to share your experiences. I should remind the ladies to post their updates in these folders. Sometimes we get so busy on the Main Board that we don't remember to post our updates. We pray that the Lord may richly bless you as you travel the HOD path. :D

Blessings,
Carrie