HOD is helping my son's creativity!

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
water2wine

HOD is helping my son's creativity!

Post by water2wine » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:23 pm

I have three daughters that are very creative, and two that are at least open to creativity. My son is Mr. Rigid. Everything has to be by the book for him. I mean honestly it is pretty extreem for him. I am constantly trying to get him to just take it easy everything does not have to be by the book. Well we had done a little geography before HOD. None of it was actually drawing our own map. Today I actually would have normally just printed out a map (I know that is not what the guide book says but just being honest). But my daughter said she wanted to draw her own and I was surprised my son did too. Well my son ended up with a very long detailed and very creative map. I was blown away. Honestly today I was kind of on auto pilot so I just let them go on it.

Anyway I think this is going to be so good for him. The creativity is written in so he sees it and is not fussing at me for it. It's just part of the plan so he does it. I think this is going to be really good for him! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:27 pm

That is so great! HOD actually helps me be creative. I am creatively challenged :( and this program helps me in this area. It is one of the reasons I love it so much. :D

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:31 pm

OH That's GREAT, Water2wine! We did Art today and it was a HIT around here. I can't wait to blog everything this weekend.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

kayrenee

Post by kayrenee » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:44 pm

W2W, your son sounds like a budding engineer or architect! :wink:

There really is some form of creativity in *everything*. My dh and I -- who are polar opposites in this area -- have finally figured that out after 17+ years of marriage! :lol:

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:04 pm

kayrenee wrote:W2W, your son sounds like a budding engineer or architect! :wink:
That is so funny. He is the huge lego builder. That kid can build anything with legos. My husband is a engineer. :wink: So probably he will have him programing at some point. Poor guy does not stand a chance.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

shera

Post by shera » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:35 pm

W2W that is great. I have a budding or doomed to be engineer as well. Every male on both sides of the family except my bil is some form of an engineer. Of course my dh is an engineer with a theater minor. Go figure. His adviser in college had alot of fun ribbing him on that one.

Sarah
Sarah
ds 11/01
dd8/04

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Very funny - my oldest ds fits that description, and my husband has a mechanical engineering degree. Legos - of every shape and size - get played with DAILY at our house. My oldest son is much more creative art-wise with HOD than in any other part of his life. He really looks forward to the art projects, and that still surprises me! I really do enjoy art, but not teaching it to children - I tend to want to take it over. Thank the Lord HOD has stopped me from doing that. Even my art-challenged son can do and enjoy the projects, without me getting in the way of it!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:47 am

Legos are the staple of my sons' diets! My youngest has had such focus this week that's ALL he's done. Seriously, no coloring, no playing with other toys, only legos. He is sifting through our large box of lego pieces trying to find the pieces (looking at "picture" instructions) to build the Clone Turbo Tank. He's only 4.5 but he knows what he wants. My husband expressed his surprise last night at 'little one's' ability to stick with it and be so patient. (he doesn't realize we have meltdowns over missing pieces throughout the day :) )My husband is an engineer also, so I fully expect our boys to be somewhere in that mix. They both love to draw (and daughter) so maybe we'll have an architect or two!