Our first two weeks of Bigger and Little Hands

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
ksjk3

Our first two weeks of Bigger and Little Hands

Post by ksjk3 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:50 am

I just had to let Carrie and all know what a blast we have been having with the Bigger and Little Hands program. I have had the most peaceful and organized year EVER. Even my 10 year old commented, "Wow, Mom, you sure are organized this year!"

My 4 year old sang her Adam song to her preschool coop teacher. Her teacher told me whatever you are doing it sure is working! Yesterday, I caught her singing her Noah song around the house and "Holy, Holy, Holy." Then, in the car two days ago, my 8 year old was informing her friend that she had pride and proceeded to explain what pride is. (That comes from the Bible lesson on Proverbs 11:2). My 8 year old has been loving the math activities with Singapore.

My husband who's not an avid supporter of homeschooling has been impressed with everything we are doing. I cannot tell you how MUCH I praise God for finding this curriculum. Before finding HOD, I didn't think it was possible to find something that would fit my family so perfectly. Never underestimate the power of the Holy Spirit. The very day I was diligently praying for the right curriculum, the HOD catalog arrived in the mail. I was hooked ever since. I even convinced my friend to give it a try this year! I see so much fruit coming out of my children and for that I praise God who led Carrie to put it all together for me and so many others. Thanks a million!
Kristi

Mother of 3 girls ages 10, 8, and 3 years

Kathleen

Re: Our first two weeks of Bigger and Little Hands

Post by Kathleen » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:09 pm

Kristi - I totally agree with you! :D I'm so glad that your family is enjoying a blessed school year. My family is being blessed by HOD, too!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Kristi,

I'm praising the Lord with you tonight! :D He is so good at giving us what we need, and I praise Him for your wonderful start to your school year. What a blessing to hear your kiddos singing praises and internalizing His truths.

I love the way the guides make me instantly organized too! If I had to write those lesson plans on the nights and weekends, there's no way I'd be organized and ready to go each day. I need the open and teach plan at my house! :D

Thanks for sharing. You blessed and lifted me up tonight! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:38 pm

Could not agree with you more. :D So happy you have the perfect fit for your family. It is so wonderful to know you have found where God was leading you. I don't know where we would be without HOD.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Thanks for sharing a wonderful testimony. That is great :) I am a veteran hs-er but just found HOD this summer.... and I am loving it too. :)
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)