HOD Works for all Types!

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
Tiffini

HOD Works for all Types!

Post by Tiffini » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:26 am

I have just completed week 5 of Bigger Hearts. I can honestly say that there has not been an activity or a day that I have not enjoyed. That is saying a lot for me because I normally run far and fast from crafts/activities. I cannot believe that I am actually looking forward to the activity that we do each day. :shock: I make myself not look ahead to the next week until Thurs. or Fri. of the current week because it gives me something to look forward to! I love reading through the upcoming week's plans because it is so fun to see what is coming next and to imagine how much fun my kids are going to have.

My kids are thriving with HOD. They really look forward to each day and they don't want to know ahead of time what the craft/experiment/activity will be, so they can be surprised each day. They all say this is the best school year yet. :D

My sister, Sniz-Teach, is also loving HOD this year. I bring this up because it is really amazing to me that she and I can both enjoy the same curriculum. For those of you who know about Mary's Betty/Olive stuff, well, I am totally Olive and my sis is totally Betty! That HOD can fit both of us so perfectly is nothing short of a miracle! As has been said before, God's blessing and guidance are so evident in Carrie's writing of this guide. And that I can have this teacher's guide available to me for hardly any cost is just crazy! I feel so blessed and thankful!

So I want to encourage people of all types to take a look at HOD. It really can work for anyone, not just one teacher/personality type.

I hope you had a great vacation, Carrie! You surely deserved it! :)
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

Rebecca

Re: HOD Works for all Types!

Post by Rebecca » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:28 pm

Tiffini-
You are so right!
I have the exact same situation with my sister! She is TOTALLY opposite me! This is actually why I thought maybe HOD wouldn't work for me! :lol:

She has only done LHTH... I have told her I am praying that the Lord will work in their hearts to want to home school for more years... her little son just started public kindergarten and he is the same age as my third son...

Anyway- I agree with you and am just as amazed! ... and SO happy! Yay!

Rebecca

GingerN

Post by GingerN » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Thanks, Tiffini and Rebecca, for these encouraging words! I have been seeking something for quite a long time that I can feel confident using. I have so much curriculum on my shelf...that I probably need to sell and release myself from the burden of guilt from spending money that seemed wasted. My youngers, for years, have been 'pulled along behind' my older dd as I sought to teach to her interest level. I now find her in the unique position of being 'right where she needs to be' (she is a 10th grader and using Sonlight 200 and flourishing). While I long for the old days when all my daughters were able to be taught together, still I am thankful that I have found something that will engage the hearts and minds of my younger 2. I can hardly contain my excitement while we wait for our goodies to arrive. Fun every day?? That's the blessing I have been seeking!! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone~
Ginger

sniz-teach

Post by sniz-teach » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:16 pm

Sniz-teach (Tiffini's wonderful sister) weighing in! We are on week five and oh my goodness, what a great Monday we had! Like Tiffini said, this is nothing short of a miracle. We hang the girls' projects on the wall each week and we're already getting full, but I just can't believe the wonderful things they produce without help! I'm an art education major, but I realized today that for most kids, just doing a simple craft (without going deep into the "art" part of it) is what they want. And that gives them the freedom to try new things, be creative and produce something totally unique. And it's not just "art". It's Science and History too! I love it!
Andrea in IN
Wilson, 14 DS in public school
Birdgirl 11 DD, Bigger w/ ext.
McGizzer 9 DD, Bigger
www.misssnizhomeschool.blogspot.com

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:50 pm

thank you Ladies for sharing. I started my dd today on Bigger. My boys are on week 3 of LHFHG. I am still working out some kinks. MAINLY ME! THEY LOVE IT.
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:27 pm

Ladies,

Thanks so much for sharing this! It's just the thing we pray for as we seek God's will while writing our guides. We desire for any mom to be able to use our products and find joy in their school day as they turn their kiddos' hearts toward our Father in heaven! :D

You blessed me today! :wink:
Carrie

Daph

Post by Daph » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Wow, that's quite an endorsement! O.O I keep coming back here to do more research and figure out if this is right for us, and I'm constantly amazed at all the praise. I'm so skittish when it comes to buying complete curricula. :) (I hope you guys don't mind me stalking the forum.) ;)
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.
Dd 5 - Kindergarten with various things.
Happily married to a graduated homeschooler who is intelligent and socialized. ;)

KristinNitz

Post by KristinNitz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Stalk away. I did for about 6 months before I purchsed it. We are just on week one and I can say that so far I am happy as a clam. My kids even said they loved it better then our usual stuff we do. I feel like I am more organized too since it is just open and go!!! I can not wait for next week. :P
Kristin (Mother of ds and dd using BIGGER)

It is not your reaction when people are looking that matters, but what your reactions are when no one is watching that shows your true heart!