Bible time is my favorite

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
sniz-teach

Bible time is my favorite

Post by sniz-teach » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:20 am

My favorite part of HOD is Bible. I am doing BHFHG with extensions and narration from PHFHG. I look forward to Bible time so much...whereas before it seemed like an afterthought, lost in the shuffle of "required" academics like Grammar and math. What I love about it is how we only spend 15 minutes or less on the actual verse and singing, and yet the activities and the Godly character trait that Carrie brings out really, really have stayed with my girls. We talk about that Godly character trait throughout the day...it seems to come up often. For instance, my 11 yo struggles with math. She hates it and will stare at her page forever just dreading it and feeling sorry for herself and not getting it done and often a little takes a really long time. I am amazed at how we have been able to talk about persistence in regards to this. I am teaching her over and over how practical the Bible is to her life...she now thinks about persistence all the time, and that brings to mind her verses. Both my girls have brought up those traits in everyday (non-school) life many times...how we could all evidence them in this situation or that situation. But what is cool is how this has been playing out in my own life. Talking about the traits to the girls over and over serves as a reminder to me throughout the day and is so encouraging. I am growing spiritually more than ever. Thank you, Carrie!
Andrea in IN
Wilson, 14 DS in public school
Birdgirl 11 DD, Bigger w/ ext.
McGizzer 9 DD, Bigger
www.misssnizhomeschool.blogspot.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Bible time is my favorite

Post by Carrie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:18 am

Andrea,

Thank you so much for sharing this! That is an answered prayer for us, as we pray over how to bring the Bible into our kiddos day-to-day life with each of our guides. You have been a blessing to me today as I praise the Lord for an answered prayer. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

MamaBear23Cubs

Post by MamaBear23Cubs » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:36 pm

It's our favorite too. With us moving so much it's hard to keep up with a church or even a bible study for me. Bigger's Bible Study has help DD learned to think more than just bible stories now and makes her think. My youngest ones are remembering the bible stories now.
Military wife and Mama to 3 (DD12, DS8, & DD7)
Have used: Little Hands For Heaven, Little Hearts For His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory,
Bigger Hearts For His Glory, and Preparing Hearts For His Glory.
http://livinglifeonthehomefront.blogspot.jp/

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:24 pm

It's ours too. I love how it really teaches them to apply it to their own life. Not sure how it does it but it works. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)