Raving about Bigger Hearts

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
Tiffini

Raving about Bigger Hearts

Post by Tiffini » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:28 pm

I am hoping my sister will come on here and post for herself, but I wanted to share her comments for any of those who may be considering HOD. She and I have both recently started doing Bigger. I am on Day 10 and am totally thrilled with it - loving it more every day and really seeing results in my children. My sis started a few days ago. We went on a walk and talked tonight and she shared with me her thoughts and feelings about HOD. This is her 6th year of hs'ing. She said this is the first time she has understood why and how people can be passionate about hs'ing and can truly look forward to it. She said that she enjoyed every single minute of her day today teaching her kids. Her dds (11 and 9) are enjoying school so much. She also said she believes that Carrie was absolutely inspired by God to write this curriculum - that it was a gift that He had given to her for this purpose - a fact which I couldn't agree more with. I was so filled with joy to see my sis finally enjoying her hs experience and looking forward to tomorrow. It is a real treat to share this experience with her and I'm so thankful.
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

inHistiming

Re: Raving about Bigger Hearts

Post by inHistiming » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:40 pm

That's so awesome, Tiffini. I can't wait to start Bigger...on Monday! :D

I'll have dd email your dd soon. :oops:

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Oh Tiffini,

I know you and I agree with her, but boy she did a beautiful job articulating the TRUTH! This week was my first support group meeting of the year and my whole life stopped to prepare. I looked longingly over at my HOD manuels and realized I couldn't wait to get back next week. School is FUN!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

mom2fiveboysnc

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:54 am

That is beautiful and is bringing tears to my eyes. I am hoping our hsing experience will be as good, this is our 1st year. I looked at many curriculums but for me when I found the HOD catalog, it was over :lol: I am so grateful to all you ladies on this board, your experiences are so inspiring and you always know the right thing to say :lol:
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Oh Tiffini,

Thank you so much for sharing that! I couldn't have written our goals for HOD any better! You blessed me today! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

sniz-teach

Post by sniz-teach » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:24 pm

I just saw this, sis. It's so cool we both wrote about the same night!
Andrea in IN
Wilson, 14 DS in public school
Birdgirl 11 DD, Bigger w/ ext.
McGizzer 9 DD, Bigger
www.misssnizhomeschool.blogspot.com