Singapore bigger hearts 1b

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
djemommy

Singapore bigger hearts 1b

Post by djemommy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:37 am

So I am new to homeschooling and heart of dakota . So I have a question for all you experts out there. :) I just learned that if I was doing Singapore 2a in bigger hearts that I wouldn't need to buy the 2a book since it's written in the bigger hearts book.... Which would be great. Except my 7 year old tested on the placement to be in 1b Singapore so he will be in 2a in jan ( second semester) so I am not sure how it is all laid out? Do I need to buy a 1b book and 2a since he won't start Singapore 2a when he is starting bigger??
Thanks
Tina

StephanieU

Re: Singapore bigger hearts 1b

Post by StephanieU » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 pm

I wouldn't skip a level. All of the things on the 1B test would be covered in 1B. And Singapore doesn't do a lot of review. You might be able to cover those topics before starting Bigger, but don't skip a level without covering the material.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

Gwenny

Post by Gwenny » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:25 am

A little clarification. The activities for 2A and 2B are scheduled in the Bigger guide. You buy the workbooks to go with the guide. If you are doing 1B first you can just do the activities for 2A when you get to that book even though you are farther along in the Bigger guide. Just use a bookmark of some kind to put in your guide to flip back to that page for math. Very easy to do. While doing 1B you have a couple of options. You can get the Beyond guide and use the activites for 1B in that, (activites for 1A and 1B are scheduled in the Beyond guide) or you can get the textbook for 1B, or you can just use the workbook and come up with some activities to help the learning by yourself.
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

djemommy

Post by djemommy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:54 am

Thanks so much for helping me out ladies. That all makes sense!