I can't believe it worked so well...

If you have used "Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
Sharon

I can't believe it worked so well...

Post by Sharon » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:05 pm

Today is our 2nd day using Beyond and I am just beside myself! We have tried using BJU 1 spelling last year and picked it up again this year but stopped as dd was just not getting the words down. DD came over this evening and wanted to write her spelling words on the white board tonight just playing around. I said OK and asked her to let me call them out as I wanted to see how many she could remember. Well, I am just floored, I mean its only the second day and she got every one of them right... from memory!

I am just in complete awe that this method has worked so well for her.

I just can't believe it could be this easy!!!!

THANK YOU CARRIE!!!!!!! You are such a blessing to us!!!!!!

Sharon ( a very happy momma) :D
:D :D

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:13 pm

I'm glad it is going so well for you. I am planning on using Beyond next year. Thanks for sharing. :D

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:29 pm

I love these kind of post! :D I'll be using Beyond next year as well...I can't wait!
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:33 pm

That is so great to hear! :D Keep us posted.

Allison

inHistiming

Spelling

Post by inHistiming » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:46 pm

We used Beyond last year, and are still using parts of it this year with my daughter. The way that Carrie has the student do spelling is a phenomenal tool! At the beginning of this year we tried something else, and my daughter just wasn't getting it down. So, over Christmas break, we went through the first nine units of Beyond over a period of days getting her to spell words for us orally. We marked any word that she struggled with. So, now we are on our second week using Carrie's methods and I can't figure out why we ever stopped. We are even using 20 words instead of 10 and my daughter is still getting the words right. Using the index cards, dictation, and just practicing writing the words has really helped her. It works-thank you Carrie! :lol:

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:06 pm

Yeah! I am so excited for you! I know just how that feels! And I am so glad to hear that Beyond is so great. I will be using it next year. I think the deal is it is all great! :D

Enjoy!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:36 pm

Ladies,

I am so happy that the spelling is working for you. :D It seems almost too simple to work doesn't it!?! It is that good old Charlotte Mason method of learning to visualize the correct spelling in one's mind, so you can see what looks right and remember it.

Sharon, thanks so much for posting about your successful day! It encourages all of us to keep on keepin' on! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:33 am

She starts her morning off with Spelling, it's what she does while I get sister started on Math. Before we started I bought a pink 3x5 index card box with files and decorated it for her and a cute little puppy dog notebook to keep her papers in. By day 2 she was completely independent in working through spelling herself and loving it!! It's what she came to the table asking to do first! :D

I also noticed a big jump in paying attention yesterday while I was reading her History to her. Separating them was the best thing I could have done. We take our books and go off to another room and she was actually able to tell me a little bit of what I had read without me asking her a lot of questions to prompt her.

I'm just in LOVE!!!!

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

Blessings,
Sharon

Callia

Pink Index Card Box?

Post by Callia » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:28 am

Sharon,

This is a little side road, but I would love to know where you found a pink index card file box. We have only been able to find black boxes here. My 8yod would love a PINK box!

I am glad to hear things are going so well with Beyond. I just received our Bigger curriculum and I am extremely pleased! We plan to begin next Monday, and I can't wait! :lol:

Callia

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:55 am

I found the box at Walmart. I needed boxes a month ago and they only had black then, so these are new. Pink was the only other color besides black too!

Blessings,
Sharon

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:23 am

Sharon...I LOVE that idea! I hope it's OK if I steal that for next year! :wink: I'm just hoping I can find the pink boxes!
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:22 am

Try big lots odd lots (pink and purple boxes for only 1$)
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫