Help! We’re super behind on BLHFHG!

If you have used "Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
AutumnInIowa

Help! We’re super behind on BLHFHG!

Post by AutumnInIowa » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:42 pm

I’m only on week 14 with my daughter for Beyond Little Hearts. How can we condense the last twenty weeks of material, and still get all the good stuff out of it? Thanks!

StephanieU

Re: Help! We’re super behind on BLHFHG!

Post by StephanieU » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:00 am

Remember that there is no behind in homeschooling! I would just keep going unless your child is already 8. There are MANY that use the guides at the oldest age of the guide.

Also, consider why you are so behind in the guide. Have you had to deal with a lot of illness or emergencies? Or, are you "too busy" to do school at home? I know all of those can happen!
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

daybreaking

Re: Help! We’re super behind on BLHFHG!

Post by daybreaking » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:40 am

If she is at the appropriate level in Beyond, I would just keep working week by week until the end of your school year. Then, in the fall, simply pick up where you left off. There is no need to finish a guide by the end of the school year.

We absolutely loved doing Beyond in our home school. I would not recommend trying to condense it, as you will lose the richness and beauty of the program in the process. The only time I might consider condensing it is if Beyond is beneath her level, but you still didn't want to miss out on the wonderful readings, etc., in the program.

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16