Sneak Peeks: New Guide Missions to Modern Marvels

If you have completed Missions to Modern Marvels, please share your experiences with us.
Carrie
Site Admin

Sneak Peeks: New Guide Missions to Modern Marvels

Post by Carrie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Ladies,

As requested, here is a sticky devoted to all that we have shared about the new guide Missions to Modern Marvels so far. :D Enjoy! :D

Since MTMM is new in 2012-2013, no one will have completed it right now. So, I have created a place to put the "sneak peeks" I shared about MTMM. Even after MTMM has been out for awhile, the sneak peeks will serve as terrific in-depth glimpses into the design of MTMM. :D

Sneak Peek #1: Science viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10600
Sneak Peek #2: History Spines viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10671
Sneak Peek #3: Writing Program viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10773&p=78885
Sneak Peek #4: Additional History Resources viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10905&p=79517
Sneak Peek #5: Nature Journaling viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11011&p=80049
Sneak Peek #6: Biblical Worldview of Self-Image viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11147&p=80954
Sneak Peek #7: Bible Quiet Time viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11201
Sneak Peek #8: Economic Principles viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11286&p=81879#p81879
Sneak Peek #9: "Learning Through History" Related Skills viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11308
Sneak Peek #10: Language Arts viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11309
Sneak Peek #11: Math Philosophy with math selections at the end viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11312

Blessings,
Carrie

Homeschooling6

Re: Sneak Peeks: New Guide Missions to Modern Marvels

Post by Homeschooling6 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Can we have a sneak peek of the cover :D
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Ooh! What a fun idea! :D The cover is done, but my graphic designer still has it. :D We will be sending out a sneak peek of all of the packages for the new guide, along with an image of the cover and a great special offer, sometime in April to all those who are signed up for our email list. So, if you aren't signed up, you'll want to be! :D Here's the link for a place to sign up: http://www.heartofdakota.com/email.php

We only do special emails twice a year, so you won't want to miss them! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

aspenskies

Post by aspenskies » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:25 pm

It will be years for us, but I am very excited about this program...just like all the others. :wink:
Jean, loving homeschool mom to one and proud daycare provider
DS (13): Creation to Christ w/extension, DITHOR 6/7/8, TT7, R&S 5, ...
daycare bunch: Preschool Prep, plus more
http://dahomeschool.blogspot.com/

kayben

Post by kayben » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi Carrie!!
I have a quick question regarding the new program:) My DS has been in PS for a few years and we are very seriously considering him coming back home for highschool. The only year at home that he "completed" a full curriculum ... without slacking off, was 6th grade when he did CTC! HE LOVED IT!!! I would love to give him back the HOD security of the boxes. However, in MD, he is required to have 3 Histories. It doesn't look like this would cover any of them, except maybe US History? I am terrible at tweaking and will lose the joy of your guides if I have to do too much. Would I do better to use another program and come back for your High School guides? I realize I can use extensions, but would I be able to label it either, US History, World History or to quote the requriements.."local, state, national government"?

Science Requirements, biology with labs, and 2 of the following: earth scienc, life science, environmental Science or physical Science.

Thanks so much! I would love to use this... but please tell me what I can call it:)

Rebecca
Rebecca, Wife to amazing DH 21yrs..
dd 15 10th grade PS,ds 14 8th grade PS
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

Mom25

Post by Mom25 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Is there a release date for this guide yet? We're in week 26 of Rev. to Rev. and my twins are still loving it. Amazing! Can't wait to get my hands on the new one to see what the Lord has in store for us next year. 8)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Kayben,

I only have a bit of time right now, as we're flying home today from convention, so I'll link you to a thread for making Rev2Rev high school credit-worthy. This will help get you thinking of possible scenarios. Link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8208&p=59715

Possible titles to use with DITHR for high school if desired: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7765

We are planning to include a thread similar to the one I'm linking above for Misssions to Modern Marvels. This will help too, however I'm not sure how soon we'll be able to post that particular thread. There are quite a few suggestions in the links about MTMM at the very top of this thread though for making each subject work for high school. :D

Typically most states require a year of world history, a semester or a year of geography, and a year of American history. Then, they also require a semester each of economics and government. So with that thought in mind, you could do Rev2Rev for freshman year and award .5 up to a full credit in American history. If you added more government to it, as there is some government in Rev2Rev already, you could potentially award .5 credit in government. 8)

Then, you could do MTMM for your son's sophomore year and award the other half of American history for credit (up to a full credit). If you added more economics along with it, as there is some already in MTMM, you could award .5 of a credit for economics too. :D

Then, for your son's junior year, you could do our new geography guide and award a full credit for geography. :D

In his senior year, you could do our one year overview of world history guide and award a full credit for world history. :D

This is just one possible plan as there are many, but I wanted to show you how this could work for at least the subjects you were mentioning. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Mom25,

We are looking at a mid-August ship date right now. :D We had the first week of plans for MTMM ready for viewing and ALL of the MTMM books and resources out in our booth in Spartanburg this past weekend. We also had the new section of the catalog done to go with it, however the entire new catalog won't ship until mid-April.

We also have all of the product descriptions, images, and text to our web designer now, so he is hard and work on getting it all together to put up on the website. :D Very exciting! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Liberty Carriage

Post by Liberty Carriage » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi Carrie,

My daughter is going to be in high school next year and I am in the midst of figuring this all out as well. We use TOG with my oldest daughter who is going into 12th grade next year and something I find extremely helpful that Tapestry has made is a CREDITS chart for each of their guides. Would it be possible to make something like this and post it on the website for the newest guide and future guides. I know many would find it a wonderful addition. Link removed per board rules by board moderator.

God Bless,
Liberty

arstephia

Post by arstephia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Carrie,
Do you have the pricing done on the new guide and books/resources? And is there a pre-order discount? (I seemed to remember something like that with the Rev2Rev guide, but I can't remember exactly.) I am needing to be budgeting for this new guide and the books and want to know what we're looking at.

Thanks!
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Liberty,

We do plan to offer descriptions and a listing of credits once we get to the guides within HOD that are actually targeted specifically for the high school range. :D The first of our true high school level guides in all areas will be the geography guide that is planned for release in 2013. The guides we are discussing now are targeted for kiddos beneath the high school range but are also able to be used for high school with some adjustments in various areas. :D

The amount of adjusting and type of adjustments that are actually made to these guides to make them high school worthy will vary quite a bit from family to family, making a one-size fits all credit listing for these guides nearly impossible. This is why we are giving ideas and suggestions for each of these guides for ways that families can adjust the guide to fit their specific high school situation instead. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Steph,

We do have the pricing done for the new guide and have the packages put together. :D We will be offering a pre-order discount sometime in April, prior to the new guide being launched on our website. This will also be our last official "sneak peek" for the new guide. :D The contact list for our pre-order sale and sneak peek will consist of all those who have signed up here: http://www.heartofdakota.com/email.php

Blessings,
Carrie

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:39 pm

The new guide MTMM will be out in the fall of 2012? Pre-order soon?

very excited. :)
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:05 pm

So several of the readers are coming in for MTMM. I borrowed several and ordered several from various places. Asking friends and trying to get as many as possible b/c $$$ are limited.

I JUST LOVE THIS .... MY GIRL AND I WERE LOOKING AT ALL THE BOOKS. IT IS SO WONDERFUL. RIGHT WHERE SHE IS AT. SHE KEEPS ASKING TO START!

Thank you, Carrie~

oh and wondering if I order the guide ... when will it be out? I remember seeing August 13th is that right?
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

barybar

Post by barybar » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Looks really great!!!! Am looking forward to it, although today I received the Rev to Rev and <3 it! Am really getting fired up for the new year and we may be starting it early this year due to lack of moisture and high heat affecting the ranching scene! Char, Dave, Christian and homeschooler HS freshman Alaina Stangle

PS It has been a long day looking at curriculum , have been checking out the TruthQuest History today as well, so :roll: I think I had better catch some sleep-LOL Great job on the new guide!!!