Another Preparing Question

This folder contains helpful past threads about Preparing Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
Dixie

Another Preparing Question

Post by Dixie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:57 am

As I was reading the introduction, I ran across the following:
"One or more comprehensive history
encyclopedias (in print form, on CD, and/or on the internet) is recommended for use with the lessons."
I am wondering if there is a certain comprehensive history encyclopedia that you recommend using with Preparing?

Thank you,
Dixie
Mom to Five: 3 boys and 2 girls

6timeboymom

Re: Another Preparing Question

Post by 6timeboymom » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:34 pm

I am planning to use google, wikipedia, and my encarta subscription that comes with my internet subscription. :-)
We also have a full set of World Books that are about 20 years old, but most of the info doesn't change that much.
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:33 am

We're going to use wikipedia, and there are key words in the Preparing... guide to type in the search so it should work fine. However, if you are wanting a good solid general encyclopedia any of the DK or Kingfisher ones are good. Are you getting as excited as I am to start Preparing?!? It's just around the corner... :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:51 am

Thank you for the suggestions. I hadn't thought about using Wikipedia. What a great suggestion. I do own KFHE and a World Book set so I think we will be set. This will be our first year using Heart of Dakota products and I am excited to see what the year brings forth. We will be using Preparing... with our 4th grader, BLHFHG with our 2nd grader, LHFHG at 1/2 speed with our Kindergarten dd, and then we will have a 3 year old tagging along. I had thought about adding in LHTH, but I think I will have my plate more than full accomplishing these three programs along with working with an older student in another set of studies.

I really appreciate the help and information I have gleaned from these boards.

Thank you,

Dixie
Dixie
Mom to Five: 3 boys and 2 girls

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Dixie,

The Preparing... guide suggests using wikipedia, or another computer CD ROM, or a hardback encyclopedia. So, all of those will work. We plan on using wikipedia here, as I want my kiddos to learn to search and skim with an online resource. We'll probably do a couple of the topics from the hardback Kingfisher we have too, so my son can learn to use the index well also! :D

Blessings,
Carrie