Preparing ?

This folder contains helpful past threads about Preparing Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
JennyBenny

Preparing ?

Post by JennyBenny » Sat May 31, 2008 6:55 pm

Okay, I've already purchased my curriculum for this upcoming school year, but now that I've become aquainted with HOD, I'm thinking about the following school year (2009-2010). :lol: I'm looking at Preparing, and would like to know how much geography it includes. My dc really need some world geography instruction, so I'm hoping that I can find it in Preparing, b/c I really LOVE the looks of it. Thanks! :)
Married to awesome dh since 1997
Mom to 3 wonderful children- ages 16, 7, & 5
DITHOR-beginning in Aug. 2008

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat May 31, 2008 9:13 pm

JennyBenny,

Normally the ladies would all be weighing in here to help you out, but with Preparing... you're just stuck with me right now as the question answerer! :lol:

First off, we're glad to have you here, just in case I haven't already welcomed you! :wink:

Secondly, there are weekly geography lessons that tie in directly with the history stories you are reading for that week. All of the lessons require the use of the globe, so kiddos can get comfortable with the places where history was happening. I have never found better understanding than when my kiddos look the places they are reading about up on the globe! I know it sounds so simple, but it gives them a frame of reference for where they are in the world compared to where the people they're reading about lived. :D

There is also a weekly review concept that hits the concepts kiddos need to know standards-wise. These are topics such as the names of the continents, names of the oceans, 4 cardinal directions and how to apply them, using lines of latitude and longitude, etc.:wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Carly

Post by Carly » Sat May 31, 2008 11:46 pm

I'm glad to hear about the geography concepts tied in to the program, Carrie. That's one less thing I* have to come up with on my own. As it is, it seems you've covered SO many bases for us. I'm really excited to use your programs!
Carly

JennyBenny

Post by JennyBenny » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:55 am

YIPPEEEEEEEE!!! :D Thanks, Carrie. That's just what I wanted to hear. Preparing sounds like it would be a great match for us. Thanks again! :)
Married to awesome dh since 1997
Mom to 3 wonderful children- ages 16, 7, & 5
DITHOR-beginning in Aug. 2008

naturegirl

Post by naturegirl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi Jenny!
I just wanted to say "hi" and add that it will be fun to be sharing our adventures with Preparing! :D Kimber
Starting Bigger Hearts For His Glory and Drawn into the Heart of Reading with my son in August 2008! Also enjoying learning along with my high schooler.