THIS is why I use Heart of Dakota!

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
MamaMary

THIS is why I use Heart of Dakota!

Post by MamaMary » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:51 am

Jacob Practicing making numbers while playing outside

Jacob making his number "5's" in the dirt. All on his own

In all the years, all the different programs we've used, I have never seen my children show me through their actions that they are really getting IT, like I have since we began "Heart of Dakota"?!

My children talk about the bible stories, they sing the songs, they grab their art pictures to show off to daddy and tell him the "Key Idea's". They do this all on their own AFTER we have finished school, in the evenings or on the weekends. They are really getting "IT". I don't need any test to tell me they are understanding what they are learning because their little conversations and actions show me more than any written test ever could.

But the picture above just blessed my heart in a way that I cannot even describe.

One of the things this precious son of mine has struggled with was his writing. I don't know if you remember but a couple of weeks ago we were working hard on his numbers:

We just had fun, but put it away because he was not ready...., Then last night my husband was grilling on our front porch (2-3 weeks after the pictures above were taken) and he walks in the house and says, "grab the camera your gonna want to see this".

All on his own, there sat Jacob in our front yard, making the most perfect "5"'s in the whole world. He had a HUGE smile on his face as he said, "Look Mommy"!

I learned long ago that sometimes children don't get it right away and that they have to be able to have time to process and filter information. Though I "know" that in my heart, many times I forget to remember. I want to teach and them to immediately get it!

Seeing our Jacob making those "5's" was the reminder that HE is in control. His timing not mine..., Less of me, more of HIM!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:11 am

Mary...I have tears in my eyes from reading this beautiful story! What a wonderful testament to this curriculum, but I think it may have more to do with his awesome teacher. :wink:

:D Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:53 am

Mary - I LOVE the pictures! How wonderful it is when God touches our children's hearts - and when all of learning is connected in such a way that it spills over into "life"! I'm thankful to HOD too!
In Christ's Love,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Vicki

Post by Vicki » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:35 am

Mary, that's just so precious!! That's something to treasure forever--how wonderful that you had the chance to capture the moment with your camera!

Thanks for sharing with us.
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:38 am

I'm so glad you found a way of life schooling that your boys are enjoying! It's exciting to see kids enjoy and learn at the same time.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Mary I love your happy posts! I am so thrilled that you are happy! And every time I see your cute boys I want more boys! I need to just send my son to your house for a while! :lol:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:56 pm

Mary that is so wonderful. Your little guy is so precious. I'm so glad HOD is working so well for your family. :D

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:57 pm

water2wine wrote:Mary I love your happy posts! I am so thrilled that you are happy! And every time I see your cute boys I want more boys! I need to just send my son to your house for a while! :lol:
I would LOVE to have you guys over! I mean that..., too bad your so far away :( Think of all the FUN we Betty's could have! :wink:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:20 pm

Mary that is a photo worth 1000 words! <<<<HUGGLES>>>>
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:32 pm

Mary,

Thanks so much for sharing Jacob's moment with us. I'm so proud of him too! It put a BIG smile on my face. :D :D

You have a gift for words and for sharing your enthusiasm with all around. You have no idea how much you are blessing me! :wink:

Hugs,
Carrie

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:28 pm

How awesome is THAT??!!??!! woo hoo!!!

I love your stories, too. :-)
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:56 am

Mary thanks for posting and reminding me about waiting for HIS time!