Our first week in pictures!

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
MamaMary

Our first week in pictures!

Post by MamaMary » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:05 am

Thank YOU everyone for making our first week so SUPER! The sense of community and family on this board is so AMAZING!

I blogged our first week with HOD and wanted to share it with you! :D

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

I can hardly wait for my Little Hands to get here and will be praying about staying with Little HEARTS or moving my Seth to Beyond? I am not going to fret because I know the one who knows what's best and I'll just wait until I have His perfect peace! Amen? :wink:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:23 am

I keep trying to post and my satellite is being goofy...I hope I am not double posting...modern technology is great, but frustrating sometimes. :?

Mary...thank you for sharing! The fun you were having came through in your pictures. :D

I am sure you will find your peace. :wink: You are such an example to the rest of us and so encouraging. I can't wait to see your pics for next week!
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:31 am

Loved you blog Mary.! :D Your family is precious.

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Your boys are adorable! :) I loved looking at all your pictures. It's making me even more excited to start Bigger. One more week- Yay! :D

Allison

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Mary,

Thanks so much for sharing! A picture really is worth a 1000 words. :D

Looking at your pictures brought back memories of my own precious little ones doing those same things last year and this year!

I treasure those memories of my children smiling up at me from their latest project. Writing the guides has forced me to do those kinds of things with my kiddos. Before I wrote the guides I often thought about doing fun things, and knew I should, but I didn't do them very often!

I'm so glad your boys are enjoying their days. You are so kind to share your family with us!

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Thanks for sharing all the pics! How cute they are! It's so neat you'll be able to look back to that first week years from now and remember it so well by having those precious pictures. What did we do before digital cameras?!? So glad you shared!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Candice

Post by Candice » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:26 am

Mary,

Your kids are beautiful! Congratulations on a successful week!

I noticed you write directly in your manual, sticky notes and all. I too write all over mine, don't even photo copy the pages, my daughter does her activities right out of the manual. Not the most economical way to go but, for some reason, I have to be able to write all over those things! Have to be able to just grab it and go!

Looking forward to more pics of your wonderful family!

Candice

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:22 am

Candice wrote:Mary,

I noticed you write directly in your manual, sticky notes and all. I too write all over mine

Not the most economical way to go but, for some reason, I have to be able to write all over those things!
LOL, I think this would make a fun POLL! I am like this with my bible too.

For "me", there is nothing better than opening my well worn bible or Teachers manuel. I LOVE dogearred, (sp?) highlighted, worn pages looking back at me. It makes me feel cozy and at home.

I am planning on buying each boy their own manuel rather than re-use. :D

If you were to go back and look at my WinterPromise pictures you'll see those IG pages are exactly the same. :wink:

It looks like you and I are kindred spirits! Out of curiosity did you do my Olive/Betty test? If yes, are you a Betty?
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Candice

Post by Candice » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:47 am

Mary,

Aaahhh, the Olive/Betty Test...I want/need to take it, I just didn't have the attention span to read through the test questions, what does that make me???!!!

Candice

ETA...I'm off to find the test and find out who I am. I am curious now since I have the need to write all over my materials or else I can't get into a groove...

Vicki

Post by Vicki » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:56 pm

I enjoyed looking at the photos on your blog, Mary. It looks like ya'll have had a weeks worth of fun! Thanks for sharing!
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:12 am

I loved the little peek into your school day! Your boys are just precious!! It looks like they are having a wonderful time!

Thanks for sharing!!

Blessings,
Sharon