Can I use LHHG for 5 and 8 year old together

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
RAHS

Can I use LHHG for 5 and 8 year old together

Post by RAHS » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi. I'm not really new to HOD. I used it for my oldest child during her middle and highschool years. I now have her two younger sisters ages 5yrs and 8 yrs. Both of them are a bit advanced. I don't have the budget for two seperate programs. Could I use LHHG for both of them? What would you reccommend for adding supplemental for the 8 year old? Feed back would be appreciated!

kidsforHim

Re: Can I use LHHG for 5 and 8 year old together

Post by kidsforHim » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:53 pm

I don't have any advice but try posting your question on the Main Board. I think you will get a lot more responses & help over there.
Becky

rumkimom

Re: Can I use LHHG for 5 and 8 year old together

Post by rumkimom » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:35 am

My 7 year old boy (1st grade) is using LHFHG this year and it was great this fall and were he was at....he has advanced to where some of the stuff is too easy for him (he was behind). An 8 year old would find it way too easy. The 2 are so far apart in age that I would recommend separate programs for them. If you can't afford 2 programs, check into seeing if you can get them used. If you have to choose I would get the level for the older child and use something else for the younger one until you can afford to get LHFHG for her (mid-year? then use it as a 4 day a week program so for a year and a half to finish up K and then for 1st). Your 8 year old might place in Bigger and if she does I would do that with her. You can do simple letters and numbers with your youngest and let her listen to the history/science/storytime with the older one if she is interested (and also do some of the art projects). That is what I personally would do. :D
----
Wendy C.
DH-Owen
Emily (19 - graduatated from UCC spring 2018, Fashion Design Program)
Melody (17 - Rev 2 Rev-unit 21, IEW for writing, grammar, completed math)
Steven (12 - CTC, IEW for writing, grammar, spelling, TT Math)
Clarence (10 - PS)