Placement for my twins

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
Karlyn

Placement for my twins

Post by Karlyn » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:27 pm

My twins will be almost 4.5 when we begin school in September. They already know their colors, shapes, numbers, most of the alphabet, etc. Their fine motor skills are about average, I suppose. I'm afraid that the HOD preschool program might be too "easy" for them. Would they do o.k. with Little Hearts? I don't want to push them too hard, either. Thanks for your thoughts! :D

StephanieU

Re: Placement for my twins

Post by StephanieU » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:30 pm

Although LHFHG might work, and even Beyond a year later, I would not start Bigger before 7 at the VERY earliest. Bigger has a lot of work in it - too much for anyone younger than 7, and still possibly too much for some 7yos. You could do LHFHG a few days a week, spreading LHFHG and Beyond out over three years. You would do about 23 units of HOD a year, doing the 3Rs for 34+ units. Or you could do a mix of LHTH and LHFHG. You could do most of LHTH as written, adding in the 3Rs from LHFHG (math, phonics, and fine motor skills).

P.S. if you ask these questions on the main board, you will get more replies. Very few people check the boards below Weekly Updates.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

Karlyn

Re: Placement for my twins

Post by Karlyn » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Thank you so much! This is what I needed to know, and it gives me something to think about. I have some older children also, and my "master plan" is to do Little Hearts and Beyond Little Hearts with my twins, and then switch them over to My Father's World family cycle once they're 2nd grade, combining them with the older kids and teaching them at the same time. I like the missionary emphasis in MFW. I just like HOD better for the early years, since I can customize it more than MFW's early learning programs. Thanks again! :-)