concerned about reviewing the learned lesson

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
Natalija

concerned about reviewing the learned lesson

Post by Natalija » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi!
I have been using HOD for two years now and I really like it.
I have one concern though. We are doing LHTH(hearts). We love to learn about history persons, like Alfred the great, Columbus etc. But we learn about them for one day without reviewing it again. How can my son learn and remember it if there is no any review about him anymore and we move to the next hero the next day?

StephanieU

Re: concerned about reviewing the learned lesson

Post by StephanieU » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:10 pm

Remember that you will cover this again in later years. In Preparing, you will do another one year overview of history. Then you will have history divided chronologically into for guides/ years of study. The point in LHFHG is to introduce history and get the kids interested in it. They also start to get some basic ideas of the order things happen. They may remember a few of the people outside of the Bible, but they won't remember them all.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

Natalija

Post by Natalija » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks, Stephanie,
i have been wondering about that for a while. The information we learn here is too good not to retain. But i am sure Carrie has a reason why she does that the way she does. I just know my personal style of learning that I don't aquire much if I don't drill something. I am glad to know it is going to be repeated in future.

Molly

Post by Molly » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:23 am

Natalija,

I just want to share something that someone once told me. It is a bit like putting a little piece of information on a peg and as the years go by adding more to each peg until the information for that peg is complete. This has been great for me because it also helps me see when my own pegs are being added too. Each and every time I open my bible now, or hear another sermon, I can almost see the different pegs filling up with more information and often the pegs are completely unrelated to each other but it all somehow fits together. I see it as all part of the wisdom the Lord has for us.

Anyway, hope that helps some.

Michelle
Michelle, Mum homeschooling four beauties in NZ
DD1 (13): Rev2Rev, DITHR
DD2 (11): CTC, DITHR
DS1 (8): BHFHG
DS2 (4): LHTH

Natalija

Post by Natalija » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:16 am

Thank you, Molly!
This is a very good advice about the pegs. :D