So blessed with the curriculum!

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
Yen

So blessed with the curriculum!

Post by Yen » Mon May 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to express how blessed we are with HOD... This is our first year homeschooling, and we are using LHFHG with our 5-year-old son, and he LOVES, as in LOVES(!!!) everything, but I want to highlight most especially the rhymes and motion! We are only on Day 3 today, and yesterday I was wondering if he got any of the words because all he did was just dance along without really singing the words, but last night, at my mother-in-law's house, he suddenly started singing, "Leap, leap to North America" and I couldn't help smiling... :D And when we started with the memory verse, on the first day, he didn't seem the least bit interested, but yesterday when we started with the ball-shooting thing, he kept laughing and had no trouble memorizing each phrase, just as long as he was moving! I was amazed, because I seriously never would have though of these ideas on getting him to learn things while doing other things!

Of course, we're still starting to get used to the read-alouds with no pictures, but we're sticking with it with many of the posts in the board that have shared similar experiences, including those with ESL needs, since English is a second language too for us... (Am I correct in thinking that, with enough exposure, he would naturally absorb the language through stories, too?)

But my hubby and I are both greatly pleased and impressed that the curriculum is truly Christ-centered! I myself was so blessed to read aloud the history portion to him about how Jesus was at the center of history and history is culminating when He returns!

By the way, sharing a photo here of his Day 2 artwork... :)

Thank you so much Carrie and family for such a heart-warming, carefully thought-out, and truly enjoyable curriculum!
Attachments
Unit 1 Day 2 Jesus is the Center of History.jpg
Unit 1 Day 2 Jesus is the Center of History.jpg (44.6 KiB) Viewed 7756 times
Yen
Ds5 LHFHG, fIrst year homeschooling
Ds1 (loves joining in rhymes in motion)
http://filipinohomeschoolingjourney.wordpress.com

TrueGRIT

Re: So blessed with the curriculum!

Post by TrueGRIT » Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 am

Thank you for sharing. That was really a sweet picture.
We are also enjoying Little Hearts with a son this year. :D
You are in for a lot of excitement with this guide. My son loves the 'drama' in the guide.

(And yes, I have seen children pick up another language very quickly by being read to.)
Mikki
Ds 12- tutoring
Ds 9- Preparing
Dd 7 - Beyond and ER's
Ds 2- LHTH (sort of)

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: So blessed with the curriculum!

Post by Carrie » Wed May 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Yen,

Thanks so much for sharing! I am so glad that you are enjoying your start with LHFHG! :D You are so wise to stay the course with the storytime. The kiddos grow and change so much in this area as the year progresses. :D

What a precious picture too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie