Great Year!

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
acts29stl

Great Year!

Post by acts29stl » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Just finished up LHFHG for 1st grade and had a blast!

This was my second time teaching through it and it was like seeing a familiar friend :D

My highlights:
1. The scripture memory and the "Hide 'Em in Your Heart" cd. I have always enjoyed the cd and it's such a great way to get the truths of Scripture into the hearts of kiddos. My son and I had so much fun playing the games while reciting the verses!

2. The ease of using the manual!! I love, love, love the open-and-go approach!!! With such a large house-hold, I need all the help I can get! I am always so thankful for the fun, full days of school we have with such minimal preparation on my part. HOD is such a blessing!!!

3. My son's attitude toward school. He loved it and looked forward to doing school with mommy :D :D The days were just long enough so he didn't get bored and still had plenty of time to free-play and pursue his interests (riding the John Deere :D ). But he learned a TON this year!!!! I'm always amazed at how much dc learn without having to be in school for 6hours!!!

My son's highlights:
1. "Reddy Fox" and "Buster Bear" and Handwriting (used A Reason for handwriting A")
2. Science experiments
3. Using marshmallows and chocolate chips for math :D

THANK YOU CARRIE for another wonderful year with LHFHG and I'm looking forward to Beyond!
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I desire of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may behold the beauty of the Lord and meditate in His temple."
ds(13)& dd(12) MTMM, DITHOR
ds(10) CTC, DITHOR
ds(9) PHFHG, DITHOR
ds(7) LHFHG
dd(5) LHTH
dd(4) LHTH
dd(2)
dd(10-3-15)

moedertje

Re: Great Year!

Post by moedertje » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:24 pm

The edible math projects are a favorite at our house as well! And oh, how we love Reddy Fox and his adventures, the kids can not get enough of the stories, but watch out for the younger ones listening in on this... they remember when their turn comes around... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope and pray that Beyond will be as much a blessing going through it the second time around and with this ds.... :D :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Great Year!

Post by Carrie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Yes, the edible math is a a huge hit here too! :D I'm so glad that you had a good year. I agree that a second trip through a guide does feel like visiting an old friend! We're on our third trip through LHFHG right now. It just gets better with each time around! :D

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie