I'd love to hear from those using Preparing...

If you have used "Preparing Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
Patience

Re: I'd love to hear from those using Preparing...

Post by Patience » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:00 pm

Hey teacher mom. I'm a former MFW user too. (ShanMom) I just up and switched midway through Adventures this week and I wanted to add my voice saying you will NOT regret switching. If the manuals are in your budget, switch as soon as you can. You won't be dissappointed. I agree with everything My3sons is saying and find this curriculum far superior in terms of enjoyment, skills, ease of use, and relational connection w/the kids. If you like MFW a little, you will LOVE this.
Wife of 10 wonderful years
Mom to three
9 yo girl and 7 yo boy doing BIGGER
3yo girl listening in to all our reading

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Patience wrote:Hey teacher mom. I'm a former MFW user too. (ShanMom) I just up and switched midway through Adventures this week and I wanted to add my voice saying you will NOT regret switching. If the manuals are in your budget, switch as soon as you can. You won't be dissappointed. I agree with everything My3sons is saying and find this curriculum far superior in terms of enjoyment, skills, ease of use, and relational connection w/the kids. If you like MFW a little, you will LOVE this.

Patience - I'm so glad to hear this! :D :D :D I'm celebrating with you as you enjoy the changes you made to use HOD! :)
In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Mom25

Post by Mom25 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:47 pm

We used MFW for 2 years and enjoyed it. Then we switched to Preparing and LOVED it. We are using it now, and the book choices are just excellent. My children (4th grade twins) look forward to the history readings every day, and often ask to go ahead to the next story. The read alouds are excellent as well. I particularly enjoy the independent work the kids do in science and history. They do their work before we even begin school for the day, which makes the day go quicker for me, and they enjoy the assignments.

The one thing I miss from MFW is the book basket, but the books the kids read independently for science and history are so good, I know they're not missing anything.

Hope this helps!

funfinder5

Post by funfinder5 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:57 pm

This is a really helpful post. We just finished MFW Adventures. I just do not have a peace about ordering ECC. I had never heard of HOD, but so many on the MFW boards kept mentioning it in comparing the two. I am strongly considering Preparing for my almost 8 year old and 9 year old. I can relate to so many of the things you've said here!!