We Finished!

If you have used "Preparing Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
acts29stl

We Finished!

Post by acts29stl » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:21 pm

We finished up our fantastic year with PHFHG! :D :D :D

Some of my highlights were:
1. Having some very thought provoking discussion on salvation, sanctification and God's heart and plan for all of mankind. The Bible Study box was so helpful in getting the dc to really think through and apply the Scripture memory verses. I didn't realize how much my ds appreciated our time together until we were through and he said, "Are we still going to meet and you pray for me even though were done?" teary-eyed mommy!!

2. Seeing how much my dc grew in independence!!! With lots of little ones around, it was such a blessing to have my older dc be able to use the manual and get half their school day done without momma right next to them! The guide did a wonderful job of teaching me how to train them in greater independence and because the direction are clear and concise the dc have no trouble reading them on their own.

3. The History Projects! The kiddos made the coolest stuff from things found around the home. I was always so curious to see what the next weeks project would be!!

4. With having two dc in PHFHG, it was a joy to overhear them working together on Science experiments or explaining to each other how to do something. The two of them have been combined since LHTH and I love the way HOD fosters independence yet allows them room to journeying together through life :D

My son's highlights were(limited him to 3 things :lol: ):
1. The books "In Grandpa's Box," "Raiders of the Sea," and "Door in the Wall"
2. All of the Science
3. The medieval time period. Everything about it- the books and projects. Especially liked making the dinner for the family :D

My daughter's highlights were (limited to three things :lol: ):
1. Books- "Tirzah," "Raiders of the Sea," and "Little Miriam of Galilee"
2. Poetry
3. The medieval projects; especially the dinner :D

Thank you Carrie for another wonderful year of growing spiritually and academically!! Looking forward to CTC :D :D :D
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I desire of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may behold the beauty of the Lord and meditate in His temple."
ds(13)& dd(12) MTMM, DITHOR
ds(10) CTC, DITHOR
ds(9) PHFHG, DITHOR
ds(7) LHFHG
dd(5) LHTH
dd(4) LHTH
dd(2)
dd(10-3-15)

moedertje

Re: We Finished!

Post by moedertje » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:31 pm

What a blessing to have your 2 children work together and help each other, but still growing in independence. They will be a good example to your younger children as they have enjoyed this past year so much. :D :D
Looking forward to seeing how you enjoy CTC in the year ahead! :P :P :P
May the Lord bless you as you serve him diligently and homeschool your kiddo's and what a blessing that you have been with HOD from day 1 :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: We Finished!

Post by Carrie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Thank you so much for taking time to post your thoughts about your year with Preparing! :D What a blessing to read your kiddos' favorites and to see which parts you loved most about Preparing Hearts. :D I appreciate your insight, and we pray you'll have a blessed year with CTC! :D

Blessings,
Carrie