Science for 6th Grader

If you have used "Preparing Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
4Boys4God

Science for 6th Grader

Post by 4Boys4God » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:03 am

Greetings! I have four boys, and I've chosen Preparing since my youngest two (twins) are 9, going on 10 this the summer. My middle son is 11, turning 12 in December. Is the extension package going to be enough for him (particularly in science)? My eldest son is 13 and he's going to be doing an online, independent curriculum, but I'm thinking about going with Apologia General Science for him. Since my middle son is quite advanced, I was thinking maybe I should have him do Apologia with his older brother. However, if the PHFHG science extension is enough for a 6th grader, I'm thinking I'll just stick with that. Any thoughts? TIA!

StephanieU

Re: Science for 6th Grader

Post by StephanieU » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:27 pm

Welcome!

You will probably get more replies if you ask this question on the main board.
But the extensions for Preparing are just history. They aren't science. So, for an advanced 6th grader, I would definitely do something else. I am assuming you want to keep your kids combined for history. If that is the case, I would definitely add a formal writing curriculum for the 6th grader and do a different science. You might find you want to change up the Bible a little as well, if you want a more academic Bible study. The history (left side of the guide) will be okay with the extensions though.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

4Boys4God

Re: Science for 6th Grader

Post by 4Boys4God » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:51 am

Thanks! This is what I needed to know. And, yes, I have other curricula in mind for my middles son's reading, writing & math. I just wanted to keep him learning the same history as his little brothers. I'll definitely go with Apologia science for him & his older brother. Thanks again!! :D