2 year old & LHTH

If you have used "Little Hands to Heaven", please share your experience with us.
mrskturner

2 year old & LHTH

Post by mrskturner » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:07 am

I have started using LHTH with my 2 year old son. At first I thought it would be too much for him ( and me) since I am using Bigger with my older two right now. But last week we gave it a try and I can not explain how wonderful it is! Because I am "doing school" with him, which totally seems like mommy is playing with him in his eyes, our whole day goes easier. He loves it and doesn't feel pushed to the side now when I am doing school with the other two kids. Singing A-A- Adam is by far his favorite!
Kirsten
Aly - age 10 (dyslexia)- BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Jackson - age 7 (mild dyslexia and adhd) - BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Grayson - age 2 - LHTH

http://keyschristianacademy.blogspot.com/

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: 2 year old & LHTH

Post by Carrie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:06 pm

Kirsten,

I'm so glad to hear this! :D We've found the same to be true with our littlest one. He's thrilled to have his mommy time, and it takes me no prep. to do LHTH. We just open up the book and go. :wink: Plus, I feel so good knowing we're hiding God's word in His little heart each day. Doing LHTH with him actually makes the rest of my day go more smoothly! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

jayjensteve

Post by jayjensteve » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:55 pm

For the fingerplays, do you use a certain tune/song to sing them? Or do you just chant them? We are just beginning and I really love Heart of Dakota. We started Bigger with my oldest this year!

TrueGRIT

Post by TrueGRIT » Fri May 01, 2015 12:29 pm

jayjensteve wrote:For the fingerplays, do you use a certain tune/song to sing them? Or do you just chant them? We are just beginning and I really love Heart of Dakota. We started Bigger with my oldest this year!

I just found this post since it wasn't on the main board where more see it.

For the fingerplays, some are set to music and it will list the tune underneath. Others are not and you can teach it the way you see best! My children like to make up songs, so we often did it that way.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your year :D
Mikki
Ds 12- tutoring
Ds 9- Preparing
Dd 7 - Beyond and ER's
Ds 2- LHTH (sort of)