Loving "Little Hands"!

If you have used "Little Hands to Heaven", please share your experience with us.
MamaMary

Loving "Little Hands"!

Post by MamaMary » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:25 pm

We have homeschooled for 10 years. In all those years I have never found a pre-k/readiness program that I loved? UNTIL NOW! :D

I felt as though they were either too workbookish or lots of busy activities that just kept us "busy", but no purpose? I have four children and simply don't have time for craft projects without purpose.

HOD is so different. Carrie, has kept the lessons simple by writing them in small bite size chunks. We spend no more than 30 mins a day and sometimes even less.

Each activity has a purpose and is easy to understand and implement.

One of my favorite parts of HOD is how each & every activity, whether math or art has a "Key Idea", that tells you the point you want your child to take away from their lesson.

For instance, we read about creation and then my Seth had to draw animals and starts with a white crayon on white paper. He then painted over it with watered down black paint. Here is his work and the Key Idea that went with it....,

The Key "Idea",God created all things from NOTHING. Could you do that?"

This is my Jacob working on his masterpiece above. Start to finish was no longer than 15-20 mins.

I'll close with our personal FAVORITE!

HOD is strong in BIBLE!

If my children graduate with academic knowledge but are lacking biblical wisdom, I will have failed my purpose. HOD helps me integrate the Word of God into every aspect of their learning. They see "HIS" hand everywhere, science, art, math, lang arts, history, copywork, you name it!

Last night, I was not feeling well and Jacob walks over and in a very adult tone asks, "Mommy, where's YOUR bible?" I point and he goes and gets it and plops it on my lap. He then gets his and plops in the seat next to mine and turns around and tells me, "Read it".

As I open the bible I hear Jacob start making up stories as he looks at the pictures, pretending he's reading. He catches me watching him and looks over as though he's disappointed as he redirects me to read my own bible

Then when daddy gets home he pages through and shows him pictures. I also love the questions at the end of each days readings. He really enjoys them and answers well, showing me he understands.

Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hsmomof5

Re: Loving "Little Hands"!

Post by hsmomof5 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi, Mary! ((big hug))
It's so great to see you hear and read about your experience. So encouraging. We just started today actually and my little one is loving it. :)

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Loving "Little Hands"!

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Mary,

Your post brought tears to my eyes!
If my children graduate with academic knowledge but are lacking biblical wisdom, I will have failed my purpose. HOD helps me integrate the Word of God into every aspect of their learning. They see "HIS" hand everywhere, science, art, math, lang arts, history, copywork, you name it!
Our constant prayer is to do exactly what you posted above! Thanks for taking time to share! I'm so glad that your little guy is loving LHTH! :D

Blessings,
Carrie