Finished LHTH - loved it!

If you have used "Little Hands to Heaven", please share your experience with us.
ltatum

Finished LHTH - loved it!

Post by ltatum » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:59 pm

I began using Little Hands to Heaven in January 2012 with my oldest daughter, who at the time was almost 3.5 years. We just finished LHTH in May of 2013 - almost 1.5 years later. We purposely went half-speed -- using LHTH 2-3 times a week -- to accomodate a new baby (born April 2012) & a very active 2-year-old in our midst.

I felt that 3.5 years old was the PERFECT age for Little Hands to Heaven! With the fun action rhymes/chants & roleplay, it was easy for my daughter to be enthusiastic about school. Her favorite part was always the Bible stories & the roleplay that followed the stories. I loved the talks we had about God, the gentle introduction to math concepts, and one of my favorites--the phone number song! :) Many times at the beginning of using LHTH, I would read some of the activities and wonder, "What's the point?" But as we progressed through the units, I began to see the "bigger picture" & the "why" behind the scheduled activities.

We finished with my oldest daughter was 4.5 years old, and my middle daughter was almost 3. I feel confident my 4.5 year-old is ready to move into LHFHG for kindergarten in just a few months! What was also sweet was my older 2-year-old began joining in towards the end of our LHTH - she has memorized many of the action rhymes! I look forward to going half-paced again through LHTH with my middle daughter next!

LHTH was a great & gentle introduction to doing school at home for my daughter. I love that! I also love that because of laying the foundation of using LHTH, my daughter expects & looks forward to learning more about God through schooltime. Learning about God & His world is completely entertwined with learning school in her mind--I love that!

LLooking forward to continuing our HOD journey with LHFHG!
Lacy Tatum

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Finished LHTH - loved it!

Post by Carrie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:15 am

Lacy,

Thank you so much for sharing about your time spent with LHTH! :D We have loved that guide multiple times at our house. I was so blessed to be able to read the Bible and talk about the Lord every day through LHTH, even when I only had 15-30 min. to devote totally to my preschoolers in a hectic day filled with a houseful of boys! :wink:

I'm so glad that LHTH blessed you too! :D

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy life to share with us! :D

Blessings,
Carrie