The time has come!

If you have used "Little Hands to Heaven", please share your experience with us.
julsoliveira

The time has come!

Post by julsoliveira » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:44 pm

The walrus said :lol: anywho...

We purchased LHTH last spring in anticipation of our youngest son, who had just turned three, beginning Preschool in the fall of 2012. After a bumpy start, I determined that he just wasn't at the level yet. Sure, colors, numbers, alphabet, vocabulary, love of books. He had all that, but we lacked the willingness, or interest to get started on his academic path. So we settled for a couple online preschool games to use while the olders so their work.

Well here we are, 3 weeks before his 4th birthday, and it's like he just woke up Monday morning and decided he was ready for school. Plain as that. We started on unit two this week, and he is loving it so much. He is eager to listen, answers the questions, and is engaged with the fingerplay. He loves to get His bible out, and especially loves his Big thoughts book.

Little man is our last baby, and this will be my first and last time teaching preschool :( I'm already misty eyed over it . So, here's to a wonderful year of "formal" learning with my little guy :)

fishchick72

Re: The time has come!

Post by fishchick72 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:16 pm

My son will be 4 in less than 2 weeks. Last fall I was debating on whether or not to begin a preschool curriculum. I've been doing an almost daily Bible study since he was a baby & when he turned 2 I taught him the alphabet & numbers & colors. When he turned 3 I started reading lessons. He LOVES to learn, I often get criticized for starting all of this too soon but he WANTS to learn & I do it in a fun way. Anyways, I as of last fall I hadn't decided on a curriculum that I felt was right for me & my son. One day at Costco I picked up a preschool workbook, but it requires a lot of writing & my son just isn't interested in writing yet, so I just let the idea of preschool go. I have now learned of HOD & really feel it is a great choice for us & am so excited to start this fall! I will continue the reading lessons (we have about another year's worth in the book) along with Little Hands to Heaven.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happily married with two grown stepkids & homeschooling my {miracle} son: LHTH fall 2013, LHFHG fall 2014, BLHFHG fall 2015, BHFHG fall 2016,

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: The time has come!

Post by Carrie » Wed May 29, 2013 1:36 pm

We pray you will enjoy LHTH as much as we have! :D We've gotten to do it 3 different times with 3 different sons, and I know what you mean about being "misty-eyed" as you head into your last preschool round. I was too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie