Starting Again

If you have used "Little Hands to Heaven", please share your experience with us.
vjj4

Starting Again

Post by vjj4 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi!

I am a homeschooling mom of 2, both graduated. It looks like I may now be starting again with my grand baby who will be 4 in May. He may be living with us full time. I used HOD with my son several years ago and I believe I started with Beyond and went through Preparing when I had to switch to something that worked better for him. So, I have no experience in the "younger" guides. I don't really know what I am asking, but I am much older now than when I homeschooled my two. I get tired more easily, lol. I am strongly leaning toward HOD for him, so I guess I am just wondering if it is something I can handle. He is incredibly smart, as was his mom. I want to do the best thing for him. I have just ordered the catalog to get a look at what is new.

Also, I should be able to use the three guides with my grandson that I used with my son, right? I am planning to look at the sample guides and see where to do from there.

Thanks for listening 8)

StephanieU

Re: Starting Again

Post by StephanieU » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:14 am

LHTH is definitely doable for you! It is only about 30 minutes a day, unless the grandbaby wants to spend extra time on a craft or activity.

And the guides you have from your son you can definitely still use! Bigger and Preparing now have notebooking pages from HOD available for history and timeline, but the old guides work just fine! There haven't been any significant changes to those guides other than the notebooking pages. (The only changes have been edits like typos and updating page numbers as books have new printings.)
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

vjj4

Re: Starting Again

Post by vjj4 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:14 pm

Thank you so much! Just over thinking things, I guess! I appreciate your time :)
Helpmeet to my husband for almost 22 years
DD 27 - Private school through gr 2, then homeschooled SOS, now a single mom
DS 17 - Always homeschooled - Beyond/Bigger/Preparing & SOS

GS Almost 4 - About to begin HOD

Deut. 11:19
Is. 40:11