How hard to do 2 packages at once?

This folder contains threads that have been requested to be marked as FAQ threads. If you see a thread that you think should be in here, just shoot us an e-mail.
InHim

How hard to do 2 packages at once?

Post by InHim » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:50 pm

So how hard is it really to do 2 packages at once (Beyond and Prepare)? Am I going to go crazy going from one to the other all day? Will it seem like too many projects and everything going on at once? I will also have a 2 yr old hopping around and we might be adopting a baby this next year also. I just need some frankness here so I know what I would be getting into?
:P
Thank you!

Julie

water2wine

Re: How hard to do 2 packages at once?

Post by water2wine » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:26 am

Ok so frankly having a 2 year old and adopting a baby is hard in and of itself. :lol: Been there and done something similar. :lol: You are stuck there. :lol: But as far as homeschooling goes running two HOD program ( I am doing LHFHG and BHFHG but I would think your combination would be easier in that you are working to independence and have achieved reading) is easier than say using textbooks for the equivalent group of children just to give you a real life comparison. And in my opinion it is easier than doing a catch all program for the skill levels you have going with your age ranges there and tweaking it to make it actually work for you. That is the long brutal truth answer. :wink: The short answer is you are making the right choice. It is very easy to run two and you will love it. And I think those program would be easy to run and help give you some sanity with all the other life stuff. Congratulations on your up coming blessing! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Leslie in TN

Post by Leslie in TN » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:47 pm

We started Beyond and Preparing a few weeks ago. The first week or two, it was taking us a little over four hours to get everything done, mostly due to all of us becoming familiar with the new curriculum and my dd's getting familiar with using their checklist of independent work.

This morning we finished everything in a little under three hours, and all is running much smoother now. I'm sure having a little one would slow the process somewhat, but yes, you can do two programs and still have a life! :lol:
Leslie in TN
Mama to Eva & Laura (16) and Samuel (14)

Currently using: World Geography with VideoText Algebra
Veterans of Rev2Rev, CTC, PHFHG and BLHFHG

Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:46 pm

Really... it is not hard at all.
I am doing Bigger and Little Hearts with parts of Beyond...
it is not hard.

Homeschooling with certain situations CAN BE HARD... but the curriculum doesn't add to it.. kwim?

Next year I will have Beyond and Preparing and parts of Bigger and Little Hands... and I AM NOT SWEATING IT! :lol:

Hope this helps,
Rebecca

InHim

Post by InHim » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:39 pm

My goodness, if all of you can do it, it must not be that hard to work a schedule out. :) This makes me feel a lot better if I decide to go with 2 packages.

Julie

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:55 am

Julie, we are in our 3 wk of LHFHG and it goes so smoothly. My dd who is 5th kept wanting to do LHFHG too.... she kept saying "Oh it would be so much fun if I had something like this" :roll: :wink: So I ordered her BHFHG (yes, could of done preparing)~ WE WILL START SOMETIME THIS WEEK. She is excited. I am a little worried but ok.

it makes hs-ing so much simplier. :)

enjoy
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:53 pm

Julie,

The ladies are doing a great job of being truthful and of encouraging you that you can do it too! :wink: We also run several programs at our house, so I know that you can do it! This year at our house, we'll be running LHFHG, Preparing, DITHR, and also have a 7th grader piloting much of our new ancients program (and our 2 year old little guy running around). :wink:

We'll have to start a new scheduling thread coming up here, so everyone can share their schedules for this year. I know it really helps to see how other moms do it! :D

Blessings,
Carrie