Week-in-Review March 5-9

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

my3sons

Week-in-Review March 5-9

Post by my3sons » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:38 pm

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Re: Week-in-Review March 5-9

Post by my3sons » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi ladies!

I'm posting this early, as we finished another week early due to doing school more days than 4 each week. This is in preparation for our book fair season! This week's review focuses on how we used Emmett's Roman Feast in Creation to Christ as a springboard for a family sharing time together. Even though we are doing separate guides, there are plenty of natural times to share learning with one another! And, they need not make our day too long...
http://my3sons-julie.blogspot.com/2018/ ... doing.html

Hope you had a good week!!!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

kt7673

Re: Week-in-Review March 5-9

Post by kt7673 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:09 pm

My daughter is on unit 20 of LHFHG and she was so excited to memorize Psalms 119:105. Apparently she is memorizing it for a Coop she also goes too and she was thrilled to teach me the actions her class had made up. I love when what we study in HOD connects to things they learn elsewhere. My DSs 9 and 10 just started Preparing this week. We are starting super slow completing math and english along with only 1/2-2/3 of the other boxes a day. I am completing the independent boxes with them until they understand what is expected of them. They enjoyed these couple days a lot more than when I attempted this fall to run both Bigger and Preparing. We had only got to Unit 10 before burn out happened. This week we had time to really discuss Psalm 1 and the armor of God. My older son will be doing extensions and has really enjoyed the Woolly Mammoth book; especially because he had read the Life in the Great Ice Age before. His face lit up and you could tell he felt like he was visiting an old friend. I think the boys are so much better placed now!
DS10 and DS 9 Preparing
DD 7 LHFHG.
DD2 and DS 8 months playing!

Have used LHFHG and LHTH.