Please Read- Posting for Week In Review

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

MamaMary

Please Read- Posting for Week In Review

Post by MamaMary » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:50 pm

I am so enjoying all of the week in review posts coming through. Especially because we are in the middle of summer! (HOD is so fun we can't help ourselves :lol: )

I know that many of our Mama's are brand new and may not have been around when we started this special section. I just wanted to take a second to explain the purpose behind it. Lots and LOTS of families come here looking to find out if HOD is right for them. We love that they can go ask us questions over on the main board, but a picture is worth a 1000 words. Week In Review is a place where they can come and see HOD IN ACTION without having to wade through general question posts. I want to note that you do not have to post pictures, you can simply sum up your week in words.

Though there is no rule that you must post in the week in review we try to do this for a few different reasons: :wink:

1- Continuity and Security! It makes it simple and easy for new moms to share their weeks in review if they see a thread already started.

2- It's less clicking for the family that comes to check us out while making their decision. They can simply click on a thread and go down, week by week.

3- It builds community! Last year, we started to get to know our fellow HOD sisters as we posted together each week. After awhile we started to get to know those using the same HOD program as us and how far or close we were from one another.

4- It keeps the post from going down the board and disappearing as quickly.

If you are ready to share and no one has started a new Week In Review post, please feel to go ahead and start it yourself. No one is in charge of starting them. Whoever is ready to post simply does it themselves. You can copy and paste the intro from the previous and week and then post yours as the first response to that thread.(warm smile)

The one thing we do ask however, is that you not just leave your general blog link. The reason for this is, if someone comes along 6months from now and wants to see your week in review from 7-11-08, it will no longer be at your general link. They would need to hunt and peck for it. Specific links allow families to go back and see specific weeks whenever they want.

I LOVE our Week In Reviews and it's the first place a link potential families. If they like what they see they can then go over and ask questions on the general boards! Thank you for sharing your families journey with me. It inspires me to keep on running the race and I pray that is what every family feels when they come and watch...., HOD in ACTION!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

my3sons

Re: Please Read- Posting for Week In Review

Post by my3sons » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:06 am

Thanks so much for posting this, Mary! :D I have enjoyed the Week in Review posts so much, and they really give us a chance to peek in and see what wonderful things are going on with HOD in other family's homes. :) I appreciate the tone being positive and encouraging because so many new moms checking out HOD do read through the Week In Review posts to get a feel for the average day doing HOD - and, after all, we HODies are an upbeat bunch of gals that love the Lord! :lol: Thanks for thinking of this awesome idea, Mary, it's a favorite hangout of mine, and I can't wait to start posting there again when we start up school again! :)

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Can anyone start a week in review thread?
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes! If you are ready to post and don't see one, just go right ahead and start one. If you can copy and paste the intro post from each week into the opening post and then reply to topic with your week in review it helps new Mama's to know what they might want to include in their Week In Review! (((Warm Hugs)))

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!

[
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/