Using DITHOR with MTMM

This folder contains helpful past threads about Drawn Into the Heart of Reading. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
momtocj

Using DITHOR with MTMM

Post by momtocj » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:28 am

This is our first year using Heart of Dakota and we are on our 3rd day of school for this new school year using MTMM! So far, so good!

We mapped out our DITHOR Biography books and set up how many pages each child needed to read based on the 5 day, 10 day or 15 day suggestion and completed the chart detailing the number of pages they should read each day.

They did their assigned pages and we did Lesson 1 and 2 in the DITHOR workbook on Mon and Tues, but today the master schedule in MTMM does not call for us to do DITHOR at all. So, now I'm really confused. Does that mean the children aren't supposed to read their assigned books or complete the Day 3 assignments today? If so, I'm concerned that will throw us off track for our daily reading schedule and it will take us more than 5 days, 10 days or 15 days to complete the book. Is this reading schedule designed to cross over weeks, meaning are we supposed to do Day 5 next week instead of this Friday? Also, since this is a 4 day a week curriculum (oops forgot about that when I set up the reading schedule), should I just carry over the Day 5 reading assignment for Monday?

Please help! I'm the type of person who likes things spelled out for me, so all I have to do it pick up and go (one of the things that drew me to HOD).

Thanks!
Amanda