"Bud & Me" (Bigger Extension Pack Book)

This folder contains helpful past threads about Bigger Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
marypoppins

"Bud & Me" (Bigger Extension Pack Book)

Post by marypoppins » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:59 am

Ok, I have decided to start reading through the Bigger Extension pack books to see if I want to order them for my 9yo. next year who is an avid reader, basically, just checking to make sure that they are appropriate to his age/ maturity level. Anyhoo, I picked up "Bud & Me" (ordered from the library) and started reading it the other night. What an amazing book! I just cannot believe this is a true story! I'm *really* enjoying it, and have even got my dh excited to read it next (miracles never cease!). Anyway, now I am looking forward to reading all of the extension books. Thank you, Carrie, for exposing us to such great books and helping us to enrich our children's lives!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:07 am

Ah! Thanks for that Marypoppins. I love that book so much too! By the way there is more than one version of this book and the hardback one on our website is the far better one.

Bud and Me was expensive, so we went back and forth about including it. But, it is truly great literature. Enjoy!

Blessings,
Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:42 am

Oh I am so glad you posted that. I just ordered it. I skipped it because at the time I was short on cash. But it haunted me so I finally ordered it. So glad we did now! 8)
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

marypoppins

Post by marypoppins » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:46 am

water2wine,
You are going to love it so much! It's an incredible story. The whole premis actually goes against ALL of my mother bear instincts, and I just marvel at the boys' father... Granted, it *was* a much different time in the early 1900s, but still...! This book will stretch you, I think, if you have a tendency towards being "overprotective" like me.

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:59 am

marypoppins wrote:This book will stretch you, I think, if you have a tendency towards being "overprotective" like me.
Really :lol: I prefer to call it wise 8) But you see when you have a husband that likes to take all six kids down a hill in a wagon WITH him in it. And he thinks near death experience is a right of passage. And the neighbors actually call you to tattle on your husband...You get that way.hehehehe! Ok maybe a little over protective. :wink:

Ok so I am excited! I hope it comes today but I am definitely hiding it from my husband!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:40 am

Oh that gave me a good chuckle water2wine!!

When I got this book in I flipped through it and started reading and couldn't put it down. I could not imagine letting a child do those things. The world was definitely different! I was born in the 60's and on several occassions I have said to my parents " How could you let us do that"! They always say well things were different then!

Fun Book!!!

Blessings,
Sharon
Last edited by Sharon on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:52 pm

My copy came today! So my husband comes home. Never looks at books but had to look at this one for some reason. Maybe it was the cover? He opens it up and reads the intro. Puts it down and says "See THAT is why we need to let them do more things. It says they had more adventure in four years than most have in a lifetime!"

Here's the deal. When you date someone and they get you to dive off cliffs and crazy things like that. You really aren't thinking about the day when kids might be involved. I knew I needed to hide that book. :shock: But it does look great! So I am glad I got it! I did tell him he was not allowed to read it. :wink:

I can't wait to start it! And I am glad I get to read it aloud to relive the glory days :lol: