Planning/Scheduling ?

This folder contains helpful past threads about Bigger Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
wisdom4us

Planning/Scheduling ?

Post by wisdom4us » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi all. I'm planning on using Little Hearts for my 2 k'ers in the fall and doing Bigger with my 2nd grader. For those doing 2 programs, how do you schedule it? I'm thinking I'll be doing school all day long!

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post, I thought I saw a similar question posted already but I can't find it.... :oops:
~Summer
Using LHFHG & BHFHG 2008-2009
http://wisdom4us.homeschooljournal.net/

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
~William Butler Yeats

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:31 pm

I think you might find this thread helpful. http://www.heartofdakota.com/board/view ... scheduling

I am doing Little and Bigger together. I pretty much just alternate between reading aloud and independent time. I read to my little guys and help them with their school while the big kids are doing math and LA or any independent project. It actually works very well. So no you will not be doing school all day. If you do it as planned I think it will take about 4 1/2 hours to do both but I have a lot of kids so maybe less? Others can tell you. You will love doing the two. They combine nicely with each other. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

MamaMary

Re: Planning/Scheduling ?

Post by MamaMary » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:16 pm

wisdom4us wrote:Hi all. I'm planning on using Little Hearts for my 2 k'ers in the fall and doing Bigger with my 2nd grader. For those doing 2 programs, how do you schedule it? I'm thinking I'll be doing school all day long!

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post, I thought I saw a similar question posted already but I can't find it.... :oops:
Summer,

I totally understand this question. The thought of doing two programs totally scared me. :shock: Let me just say that I am now doing 3 and we still have plenty of time for "real" life :D

On my bookshelf I keep all the manuels together and then I put the books in order of each program. (all my bigger, then beyond, then little hands)

We use Time4Learning for our Math and LA, HeadSprout for Phonics and everything else is HOD.

I normally do HOD from youngest to oldest.

While I work with (HOD) my 5 year old, I have my 7 year old do his math and LA (T4L'ing), my 11 year old cleans the living room (it gets messy during our wake up time) and my 16 year old takes his shower.

Then when I am done with my 5 year old he does his Phonics on the computer and I work with my 7 year old using Beyond. My 11 year old now gets his shower while my 16 year old takes our dog for a long walk.

I have the 7 year clean his room while I take a break. I normally break for about an hour. I want to tell you that this is when I turn into Leave it to Beavers mom and do laundry or wash dishes, but instead, this is when I call my girlfriend Christa :oops::lol:

After lunch I do "bigger" with my 11 year old.

My 16 year old does all his work independently. We are almost always done by 1 or 1:30? However, sometimes we'll take a BIG break and I'll not even start "bigger" until 3:30 or 4 and we get it done before dad gets home.

I tell you the honest truth that it is not hard, nor does it seem like a task to do three programs. HOD is so much FUN that "YOU" the mom will look forward to having this time with your children.

HTH,
Mary
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

djemommy

Re: Planning/Scheduling ?

Post by djemommy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:49 am

So helpful
Thanks tina