4 day a week schedule?

This folder contains helpful past threads about Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
netpea

4 day a week schedule?

Post by netpea » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:21 pm

Hi, I'm wondering if any of you have used Beyond as a 4 day a week program and if so, how did you end up combining days to do a unit a week? Or did you just pick up where you left off the next week?

We frequently have weeks where we miss a day or two depending on our schedule and then we get off track trying to play catch up. I'm thinking perhaps I should conbine a few things to make it fit a four day schedule and I'm just wondering if anyone else finds themselves doing this?

THANKS,

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Well, I hardly ever get 5 full days in a row :? and I always just pick up with the next day. Some Mondays we are on "day 3". I don't think it messes up the flow of the program at all. Today was Friday and we did day 4 of the plans. I may try to do some of day 5 tomorrow, or just pick it up on Monday. I never combine days to make it fit into a week. I've often heard it said in homeschooling circles that we don't play catch up...who would we be catching up to?? 8) :D

Everything is in chronolgical order, so it is a unit a week, but not like some unit studies where you actually do a totally different theme each week. I know that didn't make much sense, but I hope you can "get it". :wink:
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:56 pm

LeeAnn,

We actually did a 4-day week last year with "Beyond...". So, it took us longer than a year to finish, which I decided I would be alright with before we even began the 4-day plan. We didn't double up on days either.

And we're almost never on Day 1 on Monday. I really don't even pay attention to that when teaching. This year we're doing the 5-day week, but we do vary that from year-to-year depending on what the rest of our life looks like.

Hope that helps! By the way, Preparing Hearts... is going to be written as a 4 day plan (that can always be stretched to 5 if you wish).

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi LeeAnn!

At times, we've done 4 days a week and taken a little longer to finish too. We just decided that we were o.k. with that going into it. There are advantages to starting a year with some left to do in a program. It's easy to get back into the swing of things after summer break, and fun to start something new in January. We've enjoyed that as well as starting a new program every year, and with the age spreads in each of HOD's programs you can do this off and on without getting "off".
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:19 am

Carrie wrote:LeeAnn,

And we're almost never on Day 1 on Monday. I really don't even pay attention to that when teaching.

Blessings,
Carrie
whew! This is such a relief to hear!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:45 pm

Tansy wrote:whew! This is such a relief to hear!
I agree. :lol:

We are never on Day 1 on Monday and I admit, I was beginning to feel like it was just us. I'm glad it's not. I always say, I'm going to get more on top of things and get done earlier in the day and it never happens. We like our morning playtime....

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:55 pm

netpea wrote:
Tansy wrote:whew! This is such a relief to hear!
I agree. :lol:

We are never on Day 1 on Monday and I admit, I was beginning to feel like it was just us. I'm glad it's not. I always say, I'm going to get more on top of things and get done earlier in the day and it never happens. We like our morning playtime....
That helps me, too- I was stressing so much about "keeping up" :shock:
And just WHO amd I trying to "keep up" with??? :P :lol:
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

netpea

Post by netpea » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:37 am

blessedmomof4 wrote:I was stressing so much about "keeping up" :shock:
And just WHO amd I trying to "keep up" with??? :P :lol:
This is where I struggle too. WHO indeed?