Notebooks for Beyond?

This folder contains helpful past threads about Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
LeAnna

Notebooks for Beyond?

Post by LeAnna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:14 am

I am just trying to plan ahead, and was wondering how many, if any, notebooks I need for Beyond? Would the notebooks from Miller Paper work easily?

LeAnna :D :D
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

inHistiming

Re: Notebooks for Beyond?

Post by inHistiming » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:05 am

Here's a recent thread regarding this.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1657

I still have to go through the Bigger manual to find out what I still need. HTH :o

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:24 am

I was wondering about notebooks for Beyond, not Bigger. :D

LeAnna :D
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:

mom2boys030507

Post by mom2boys030507 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:27 am

I picked up one draw and write journal for Beyond. I have him copy his poem in there and do the drawing. I will add in another writing to the same journal as we go thru the year. We are just starting unit 3.

HTH
Karen
Karen - mom to Bryce 02/03, Micah 03/05, and Matthew 05/07

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:53 am

When we did Beyond last year, we just 3 hole punched everything and put it in a binder. It worked but we always had a pile of papers waiting to be put in their notebooks.

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:41 pm

Sorry, Leanna! We're doing Bigger, and I guess I just read it wrong. My post wasn't very helpful to you, was it? :roll: :lol:

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:42 pm

No worries! :D

LeAnna :D

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:18 pm

I, too, need to figure this out. As of now, I am just planning on one notebook for copywork and then index cards for Memory Verses and Spelling words. Unless, I find out differently as we go along or from someone who has been there and done that.
Dixie
Mom to Five: 3 boys and 2 girls

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:59 pm

Ladies,

We just used the index cards for spelling words and the Bible verses. Then, we used loose-leaf paper for the copywork. We filed it in plastic page protectors in a 3-ring binder. We did use one notebook for the grammar lessons and for copying the spelling words. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:26 pm

We are doing BLHFHG and even last year in doing LHFGH we used one of the "Miller" books with lines and a blank page on top (Story picture book) for our art work to keep it all together adapting some of the art suggestion to be able to keep it in a book. We had the children copy a sentence below sometimes taken from the bible area.
This year we have another "Miller" note book for Art, one regular lined paper book from "Miller" for Poem copywork and we make a sheet for the history and geography activities and punch holes in them to keep. The kids love looking back at there work.
I also use one of the "Mead" primary journals for my sons personal devotion time doing the "Early Readers Bible" from the Emergent book list. We copy a sentence about God and draw a picture to do with the story.
For spelling I used the index cards. The Memory verse I have on the wall so the whole family can see it. I have a template I made to write the memory verse on Friday to send to someone.
It basically tells them that it was the memory verse for the week and he fills in the persons name, the date and I have lines in it to copy the verse and than he writes his name.
He also writes his name on the envelope. He does not like to write that much so at this point I address the envelope. He puts on the stamp, we pray for the person and he runs it to the mailbox and everyone is so excited when they get the scripture in the mail.

I have to say Carrie has thought me to think outside the box and I find myself being able to ask questions and relate things by using her methods in a child friendly way and to get more creative with other things.

We are only in unit 9 since my son is officially in Kindergarten so we won't finish BLHFHG until June and start BHFHG in August.
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.